Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Cardiff

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
We have played 4-4-2 in almost every away game this season and have won 4/15 away games. Too many draws where we should be going out for the jugular (and the 3pts), so I’m in favour of changing it up. Our 4-4-2 has proven difficult to beat, but we we’ve also found it difficult to win with on the road.

Agreed - we need wins not draws.
We have to be a bit more adventurous than we were at Hull.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'd go 442. I'd start with Knocky and Murphy outwide, then perm any two from the three of sidwell/kayal/stephens in the middle. Likewise perm any two from the four of Zamora/Hemed/Baldock/Wilson upfront, with options on the bench ot change it up later in the game.

Most important thing for me is keeping the shape and maintaining the consistency of performance. The squad is looking much stronger than three weeks ago.

I suspect it will be a familiar line up of

Stockdale

Calde
Dunk
Goldson
Bruno

Knockaert
Kayal
Stephens
Murphy

Hemed
Zamora

for continuity's sake.

Kaz/Skalek/Sidwell/Wilson/Baldock/Rosenior providing a welth of attacking and defensive options on the bench.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Now is when we really need to use Sidwell for best effect. I'm firmly in the camp of Kayal being our best player so far this season. If he's carrying a knock though then he needs resting, now that we have the luxury of a quality replacement. Even if the knock is nothing and he could play, some rest time would do him the world of good at this point in the season. A fit and fully refreshed Kayal for the business end of the season, rather than a tired one, is like an ace up our sleeve. I'd go with this:

Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Goldson
Calderon

Knockaert
Sidwell
Stephens
Murphy

Wilson
Zamora

Subs : Maenpaa, Rosenior, Crofts, Kayal, Skalak, Lua Lua, Hemed.

i doubt wilson will come back in straight away. would like to see skalak given a go behind bobby

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
But our 4-4-2 is in great form at the moment. With Knockaert and Murphy both playing superb in the system, I see no reason why we can't do that away?
CH could continue with this system (and probably will, IMHO) and we might begin to pick up more wins given the players we have returning. But history shows us that it isn't an effective enough strategy as we need it to be if we want to secure automatic promotion.

Maybe CH could run with his 4-4-2 for the first 60-65 minutes and assess at that point whether he needs to change formation to grab the victory. We've seen at times this season that he is very willing to change up the formation in order to protect a lead but I'd like to see him chase the lead more in the last 30 mins if it's tied up as opposed to settling for a draw.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Stockdale

Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Calde

Knockeart
Sidwell
Stephens
Murphy

Skalak