Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Brentford

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
As much as that is the case I would have concerns about that many players returning from injury. we saw last night the impact it had on Bruno and Kayal, neither of those will be back to 100% and to add two more into that would worry me again.

Not that my worry is really any concern of Chris'

It is a tough one isn't it. Stephens has only missed 1 league game i think, so might be alright to jump back in. Whereas Baldock has been out for a couple, so maybe just the bench for him on sunday.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Stockdale

Bruno
Duffy
Goldson
Pocognoli

March
Sidwell
Stephens
Kayal
Knockaert

Murray

For the moment I would agree with this, we need some experience and some muscle in the centre midfield, I was surprised with Kayal last night as he didn't seem to be the same player as before his injury. Murray or Hemed, can't see a lot between them at the moment, was surprised Hemed came off last night instead of Murray, I think he's much safer in our own box and has similar attributes to Murray. March needs to make some kind of impact and we need Knokheart on form.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Walton

Bruno
Goldson
Duffy
Poc

March
Skalak
Stephens
Kayla

Murray
Baldock

Would definitely leave AK out of away games and save him to start fresh/interested in the remaking home games,

Goal keeping choice is interesting, because lumped in with many abysmal performances was that of Stockdale, apart from the two goals attributable to him his flapping around at corners and set pieces is of concern. Walton has been playing all season, maybe he's gained enough time at Luton to be able to step up here?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Stockdale

Bruno
Duffy
Hunnemier
Pocognoli

Sidwell

Kayal
Stephens

Knockaert
Hemed
March

Hunny can play left side CB, allows Duffy to stay on his right side.
Sidwell played really well as proper holding midfield earlier in the season. Think we need him to stop Brentford playing between the lines.
Hemed on better form than Murray. When we have the ball deep or with Stockers, he pulls wide so Knocky or Solly can act as the 2nd striker for knock-downs etc.

PG

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Goal keeping choice is interesting, because lumped in with many abysmal performances was that of Stockdale, apart from the two goals attributable to him his flapping around at corners and set pieces is of concern. Walton has been playing all season, maybe he's gained enough time at Luton to be able to step up here?

Yeah, right.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
That's a bit harsh, don't think we have seen Stephens between the sticks so not easy to dismiss him from that position as well.

Seems to be clear thus far that unless his name is on the team sheet somewhere you may aswell go home.

Still, no doubt when we're winning games people will talk a load of bollocks about him 'having a bad game' or 'not his usual self' or 'doesn't give a shit anymore' etc etc.

I think half our fans don't even know his strengths, you only need look at the recent Cardiff match player ratings to reinforce that, where he continually got us back playing on the ground against their head tennis.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I'd be happy with that. Away from home and against sides that play an extra man in midfield we need to match them up as, unless we are on top form, we are too often overrun. Put an extra wide man on Later if needed by all means but to begin with we need to give our current two man midfield an extra combative edge again st teams who want to attack us.

Too ****ing right. Biggest lesson from last night.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
It's going to be another nerve jangler at Brentford. The Burton game will be massive. A loss at Brentford and home draw with Burton will certainly create a mild panic. Keep the faith. #Together

Mild? We will be joint with reading if that happens by then! With daunting fixtures against reading, Newcastle and Leeds shortly after.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Stockdale

Bruno
Duffy
Goldson
Pocognoli

Knockaert
Kayal
Stephens
Skalak

Baldock
Murray

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If Stephens and Baldock are fit:

-------------------- Stockdale --------------------
Bruno -- Duffy --- Hunemeier -- Pocognoli
Knockaert -- Stephens -- Sidwell -- March
-------- Baldock ---------- Murray -------------

If not:

-------------------------- Stockdale -----------------------
Bruno ----- Duffy ------ Hunemeier ----- Pocognoli
-------- Kayal ----- Sidwell ------ Norwood -----------
---- Knockaert ------------------------------- March ----
------------------------ Murray -----------------------------

Whack three attackers on the bench to change things round if it's not going well

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
No pre match interview by Hughton where he discusses injuries etc. Hope tis is not bad news

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Its difficult to drop Murray and he might have a good game to follow his poor game last Thursday but if it came to a push and we have one striker on I think I would play Hemed I think he is more capable of doing that than Murray or Baldock...

i also think Kayal will be up for it

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Its difficult to drop Murray and he might have a good game to follow his poor game last Thursday but if it came to a push and we have one striker on I think I would play Hemed I think he is more capable of doing that than Murray or Baldock...

i also think Kayal will be up for it[/QUOTE]

He didnt look ready against Huddersfield but then nobody did.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Stephens won't be in the squad IMO - quiet on his injury and oxygen chamber in the week...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here