Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Athens?

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
The A list squad cannot be changed until after the group stage. The B list which is for players under 21 (and with a certain number of years at the club) can be added to up to 24 hours before the next match but obviously Moder would have to be on the A list so unable to take part in the group stage.
Thanks for clarifying

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I’d be pretty confident to bet Lallana will start. Don’t think we risk Mitoma from the start either.

I’d go with:

Bart
Veltman Dunk Igor Baleba
Dahoud Gross
Lallana
Adringa Fergs Pedro

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
the available squad for Athens should be

Verbruggen / Steele
Igor, Gross, Veltman, Dunk, Milner
Baleba, Dahoud, Gilmour, Hinshelwood, Moder
Mitoma, Adingra, Lallana,
Pedro, Ferguson

(Arsenal is a worry given that you take Dahoud and Dunk out of that but add back JPVH and assumption that Milner and Mitoma and Igor effectively rested for Forest or not quite ready)

Possible u21s (there's a much bigger travelling squad for European games) so...
Jackson, Duffus, BBB, O Mahony, McGill

Injury list :: Out:
JPVH (suspended)

Likely injuries:
Ansu Fati
Webster
Lamptey

to add to
Welbeck
Enciso
March
Estupinan

I’ve been asked to come out of retirement to help out in defence.

Long time since I played left back though and might have lost a yard or two of pace.
You looked quick when I saw you last.
Quick to the fridge.

Last edited:

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
surprised so many have Gross at left back. I’ve posted my team above with Baleba at left back, Gross showed yesterday how key he is for us going forward, totally wasted at full back. I’d even go 3 at the back before playing Gross there

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
the available squad for Athens should be

Verbruggen / Steele
Igor, Gross, Veltman, Dunk, Milner
Baleba, Dahoud, Gilmour, Hinshelwood, Moder
Mitoma, Adingra, Lallana,
Pedro, Ferguson

(Arsenal is a worry given that you take Dahoud and Dunk out of that but add back JPVH and assumption that Milner and Mitoma and Igor effectively rested for Forest or not quite ready)

Possible u21s (there's a much bigger travelling squad for European games) so...
Jackson, Duffus, BBB, O Mahony, McGill

Injury list :: Out:
JPVH (suspended)

Likely injuries:
Ansu Fati
Webster
Lamptey

to add to
Welbeck
Enciso
March
Estupinan

I assume you mean Chelsea?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
surprised so many have Gross at left back. I’ve posted my team above with Baleba at left back, Gross showed yesterday how key he is for us going forward, totally wasted at full back. I’d even go 3 at the back before playing Gross there
Gross, who has proven over many seasons he can and will be excellent anywhere, vs a 19 year old midfielder in his very early stages of PL football who as far as we know has never played LB ? I’m staggered you would start him there :lol: :lol:

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Gross, who has proven over many seasons he can and will be excellent anywhere, vs a 19 year old midfielder in his very early stages of PL football who as far as we know has never played LB ? I’m staggered you would start him there :lol: :lol:
A 19 year old fast powerful left footed player, playing next to Lewis dunk, our most experienced player. Or right footed, runs like he’s towing a caravan Pascal Gross who’s one of our biggest attacking threats. Did you go to the home game? Both of their wingers and their striker were all quick and they caused us massive problems on the counter. Maybe go to more games?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A 19 year old fast powerful left footed player, playing next to Lewis dunk, our most experienced player. Or right footed, runs like he’s towing a caravan Pascal Gross who’s one of our biggest attacking threats. Did you go to the home game? Both of their wingers and their striker were all quick and they caused us massive problems on the counter. Maybe go to more games?
Thanks, good plan, I’ll book some tickets. I appreciate the suggestion (accepting De Z decided to bring on a right-footed academy graduate at LB ahead of Baleba)

Last edited:

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Moder being out of the Europa League Squad is a good thing in my opinion. Given his recovery he can’t be playing three games a week; let him have this week off and maybe we get a whole half from him v Chelsea.

Plus Dahoud is available v Athens and given he can’t play in the league for two more games he should be starting and getting 90 minutes on Thursday.

Mont-Colt65

Sep 18, 2023
I’d be pretty confident to bet Lallana will start. Don’t think we risk Mitoma from the start either.

I’d go with:

Bart
Veltman Dunk Igor Baleba
Dahoud Gross
Lallana
Adringa Fergs Pedro

I agree. I don't believe the club are stupid enough to allow RDZ to start Mitoma. Hopefully the club are more seriously monitoring what RDZ and his team are, or aren't, doing regarding the player management, training, etc. Certainly we don't want to repeat their mismanagement of Pervis and Tariq and gamble on piling up more serious injuries to the players.

If we could rest Adingra and Gross, we should. Their workloads are getting worryingly heavy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here