Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Arsenal

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I would definitely play Sanchez in goal , Steel performance today was not up to standard, so change it ,stil think he should play 3 CB as we have no. RB
Are you pinning the loss on just Steele, or are you including the missing outfield players? The only one he really should have done better with is the 3rd. Steele was left high and dry by some League 2 defending today, even our skipper was absolutely dreadful.
By all means, let’s chuck Sanchez back in, that won’t account for knackered/injured/inexperienced wingers, awful non existent defending and a midfield with nobody in it.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
----------Steele
Webster Dunk Colwill Estupinan
------Gilmour Caicedo
---Gross MacAllister Enciso
---------Ferguson

Notes ....

I'm assuming no March, so Gross up at right wing.
Mitoma now an impact sub
Welbeck and Undav competing for the second striker spot.
Please no more centre mid's at right back. Webby there for the rest of the season there please.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Mitoma has looked knackered for nearly a month now. Understandably, given the workload he's been asked to put in.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well, RDZ has just said that Webster won't be available which wasn't expected, ditto with March which was. No news on Veltman so, assuming that is the case we've got serious issues on our right side. My solution here will probably be to play Moises at RB and then either Gross or Welbeck as RW. Pascal has played as RB before, but not so sure I want him up against Martinelli, and is intelligent enough to play the RW role, as I suspect Welbeck could do (not convinced that Buonanotte should start). He'll probably get round the problem by putting Gross at RB and Enciso at RW, but Enciso's influence waned noticeably on Monday when transferred from support striker to RW -- and I suspect that's because he hasn't worked out how to play that position as yet or the position doesn't suit his skillset (he's best as LW or support striker for me). So:

--------------------- Steele -------------------
Caicedo ---- Dunk ---- Colwill ---- Estupinan
------------ Gilmour --- Ali Mac --------------
Gross ------------- Enciso ------------ Mitoma
------------- Welbeck or Ferguson ------------

Subs looking light/young

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I would definitely play Sanchez in goal , Steel performance today was not up to standard, so change it ,stil think he should play 3 CB as we have no. RB
I hope Sanchez is back as well. Although I think that if RDZ had any inclination to integrate him back in as first-choice keeper, he’d have done it after the two consecutive games he’d had against Chelsea and Man U.

Fair enough to have a keeper that can play the ball a bit, but I prefer one that can make the sort of match-winning saves Sanchez can make.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Sanchez
Caicedo - Dunk - Colwill - Estupinan
Mac Allister - Gilmour
Welbeck - Gross - Enciso
Ferguson
Prefer Mitoma to impact the game from the bench at the moment

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What’s everyone got against Groß at right back? Thought he’s done ok there using his brain against some pacey wingers.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Mitoma has looked knackered for nearly a month now. Understandably, given the workload he's been asked to put in.
His dribbling is still as good as ever, but I think the issue is his own shots at the end of a dribble are normally a bit wayward (unlike when the ball is played to him) and he often could be accused of trying too hard/choosing the wrong option. In the 'Mitoma cam' highlights of the Manchester United game, you could see (about four/five times) Ensico in the background essentially begging for the ball. It might not have ended up with a goal – and I know Enciso himself can be accused of trying too hard), but I'm pretty sure he was justified in his frustrations a couple of times.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What’s everyone got against Groß at right back? Thought he’s done ok there using his brain against some pacey wingers.
I don't have anything against it per se, I just think a lot of us saw Caicedo being absolutely superb at nullifying Rashford recently, admittedly in a very good overall team performance.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I don't have anything against it per se, I just think a lot of us saw Caicedo being absolutely superb at nullifying Rashford recently, admittedly in a very good overall team performance.
Not sure. Rashford had a couple of clear opportunities. One where he just walked past caciedo and should have done better with the shot.

Think I prefer pascal there.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Why not play Mitoma on the right and Enciso on the left?
Because Mitoma plays on the left, a position in which he's studied how to play, and is so well sorted to the role. He played on the right against Brentford, and it didn't work out well.
Unfortunately, I didn't think Enciso was up to much on the right either.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Sanchez (but it will be Steele)

Gross
Dunk
Colwill
Pervis

Gilmour
Moises
Mac

Buonanotte
Ferguson
Encisco

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
No way do I want to see Caicedo at RB, its a total waste and against Arsenal we need him in his correct postion.

My guess it Gross at RB, would love to see Ali Mac moved further up the pitch with Caicedo and Gilmour in the middle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here