Webster - Dunk - Colwill
Offiah/Van Hecke ------------------------------------------ Estupinan
Gilmour -MacA - Caicedo
Gross
Ferguson​

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why not play a right back at right back? Put Offiah there. he's got pace and a cool head on his young shoulders plus I'd rather have the usuals in midfield.
Offiah or Van Hecke maybe. Van Hecke has played there too, at a higher level than Offiah - although usually he is a RCB.

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
We need Gross and Caicedo in midfield. It doesn't matter how bad anybody else is at right back the benefit of having those two in the middle outweighs it.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
----------Steele
Webster Dunk Colwill Estupinan
------Gilmour Caicedo
---Gross MacAllister Enciso
---------Ferguson

Notes ....

I'm assuming no March, so Gross up at right wing.
Mitoma now an impact sub
Welbeck and Undav competing for the second striker spot.
Please no more centre mid's at right back. Webby there for the rest of the season there please.
  • That looks fairly good to me but Webster is out. So I would use Gross at RB or even use one of our U21s - Samuels or Offiah. (Samuels has been looking impressive)

• I would rather have Caceido in MF than Gross if it were a choice between them but agree Gilmour should be good to start.. We can not play De Zerbi ball with a weak midfield though, it’s the lynchpin and not sure a Gilmour/Caceido is a good pairing?

• Up front - with Ferguson back, hopefully we can survive without March or Gross’s xGs.but the goal scoring potential looks a little weak however we look at it if we bench Mitoma. However - Agree vis a vis Mitoma needing rest.

• At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I still would like to see Buonanotte have minutes in our remaining games given the trajectory of improvement he has shown (despite being blamed by everyone it seems for our loss to Everton!) , perhaps coming on for Mac Allister on 60-70’.

• As for 2nd striker I’m also not sure re Undav despite some major improvement in recent weeks - Against Arsenal, I would like to see Welbeck’s experience in the mix at some point rather than Undav tbh.I think he is more reliable and useful in the box than Undav.
RDZ on Academy players:

Thank goodness none of us need to pick the team - Everton showed how tough that job is at the moment with injuries and fatigue of key players. :facepalm:

Last edited:

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Screenshot_20230513-100926.png

Interesting post on the club's official Twitter feed. Alongside Mitoma and Gross pics there's one of Yasin A, perhaps suggesting he's going to get some game time tomorrow?

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
IMG_3232.jpeg

Assume this has been posted elsewhere - great graphic full of info

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I hate how pundits see Caicedo as CDM, he's box to box CM imo.

Yes he brakes up play in a defensive manner but he also brings the ball forward like an attacker and links up play in the final 3rd.

When I think of CDM's I think more along the lines of Kante, Casemiro, Fabinho and Milner etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here