———— Caicedo —— MacAllister ————
March ——-—— Lallana ————- Mitoma
———————- Trossard ————————

Winning breeds confidence.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Caicedo's first appearance was in the League Cup, his second appearance in the FA Cup. At that time, you may well have been complaining we weren't putting our strongest team out.
Caiceado had benefitted from a loan period. Most of our current youth team haven't had that luxury. The young lads played well at FGR but Arsenal is a totally different proposition.
Sod the WC, it's two games before the break put out the first team.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It could go to penalties.

Steele in goal. Or Gross

the rest. . . . A mix of experience like Veltman, maybe 50/50 LAllana/Gross and some players with thick fringes.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I go to games like this fully expecting, indeed sometimes hoping, to see players on the fringe of the first team and some under 21 players given a chance. The unpredictable factors here are how Roberto sees it and the upcoming ridiculous break. Whatever team is selected i hope and expect we take the rare opportunity of having 7000 fans at this stadium to make some noise and get behind them. Were that to happen it would be a huge boost to our chances.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Roberto de Zerbi says he will treat Wednesday's Carabao Cup third-round tie at Arsenal as if it were a Premier League game - and he expects his players to take the same approach.

The Brighton boss said on Tuesday: "It will be a test for many players, but when we wear our shirt we must play seriously and we must try to win.

"it’s a very important game. I can make some changes in the first 11 but, for me, the cup or a friendly is like a Premier League game. There’s not a big difference.

"It’s important to always win, but it’s most important to play seriously. If we want to prepare in the best way for the next game against Aston Villa, we have to play well tomorrow - 100%. The best way to arrive in the best condition next Sunday is to play well tomorrow.

"I want 11 players who show the same respect as in the last game against Wolverhampton Wanderers. When a player has that mentality and plays the same way in a Premier League, in a training session, this is the mentality for me.

"Every time you wear the shirt, you always give 100% - this is the first part of mentality. The second part is to play with bravery, courage and personality against teams, whether they are bottom or top of the table."

Don't tell my husband but I am starting to have a little crush

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
"it’s a very important game. I can make some changes in the first 11 but, for me, the cup or a friendly is like a Premier League game. There’s not a big difference."
This is self-contradictory.
It's either as important as a premier league game, or you can change the team and rest players. There's no point pretending it's both.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I think his point was, he expects what ever players he picks to play as if it is a premier league game and not a noddy cup game.
I watched the video after posting. I'm sure that's what he meant, it's just not an answer to the question he was actually asked.
I think there's a dishonesty about managers (not De Zerbi in particular) claiming to take the cups just as seriously as league matches, when it's obviously not true. It just strings along the sort of people on here saying they want the full first team out, when that's never going to happen.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Plus he's saying that whoever plays is worthy of being in the first team, no? Not just playing second string players and letting them feel as if they're merely second string.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
He's hardly going to say:

"I'm going to put out a weak team. The players I'm selecting aren't quite good enough to play Premier League football so I'm giving them some game time in this noddy cup to keep the happy."

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
He's hardly going to say:

"I'm going to put out a weak team. The players I'm selecting aren't quite good enough to play Premier League football so I'm giving them some game time in this noddy cup to keep the happy."
Ideally, I'd like him to say:
"We're going to put out some kids, who are only being saved from being minced into food for my dog by their annual appearances in the early stages of this joke competition.
I have no idea what their names are or where they came from. Frankly, we view them as expendable. One of them did a just barely acceptable job of cleaning my car the other day, so I may allow him to live when we come to chose who's next to be turned into Pedigree Chum."
I don't see what's so unreasonable about that :shrug:

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I do hope RDZ puts out a really strong team for this game , especially to reward our amazing away support. A win over Arsenal (whatever side they put out) at this moment will be a great statement of our intent.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I do hope RDZ puts out a really strong team for this game , especially to reward our amazing away support. A win over Arsenal (whatever side they put out) at this moment will be a great statement of our intent.
Depends on what you mean by really strong. If you mean virtually the whole of the first team then, brace yourself, it is not going to happen. Do not forget we will not be competing against Arsenal's first team either.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m a real Premier League fan now… Just put out the fringers and some promising youngsters and see how we do.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Caiceado had benefitted from a loan period. Most of our current youth team haven't had that luxury. The young lads played well at FGR but Arsenal is a totally different proposition.
Sod the WC, it's two games before the break put out the first team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here