Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for AEK Athens

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Who gets to make history, lining up in the Albion's first-ever European fixture?

Steele or Verbruggen?

Veltman or Lamptey (presumably not Milner) at right-back if Pervis returns?

Wee Billy back in midfield, replacing Dahoud?

Solly rampaging down the right, or did Adingra do enough to retain his place?

Two games in a week for Lallana?

Dat Guy or Evan leading the line?

So many decisions!

Last edited:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Verbruggen
Veltman Dunk Van Hecke Estupinan
Milner Dahoud
Adingra Fati Mitoma
Welbeck

I think he'll want to put as much European experience into the side so I think Fati is nailed on to start the game, along with Veltman and Milner in particular.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I'd give Mitoma a rest. He plays so much, travels so much with Japan, tired a bit last year and is vital to us in key games.
Apart from that I'd go in very strong. I'd probably play Adingra on the left with Fati coming on again for another run out.
Gross, March and Dunk have to play if fit.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
..............................................Bart ............
Veltman.................JPVH..................Dunk.......................Pervis
..................Groß...........Gilmour...........Dahoud
March (if fit)..........................................................Mitoma
...................................Ferguson................................

But we really are blessed with options.
- Keepers are basically interchangeable at this point.
- Would be quite content with Adingra or Ansu Fati in the wide places, and neither Welbeck nor Joao Pedro are an issue up top.
- Lallana is still as good as anyone in the squad - I've only not included him from the start, as I'm desperate to see him looked after and stay fit over the long season. Milner clearly decent back up.
- Groß could move to RB if he had to, but actually Lamptey was very good on Saturday, and happy to see him cover for either full back.
- Despite people's current worries over his form, Adam Webster is a very decent CB, and I've no concerns about him stepping in if he had to. No opinion at all on Igor yet.

Amazing depth, tbh.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Locked-in starters
..............................................Bart ............
Veltman.................JPVH..................Dunk.......................Pervis
..................Groß...........Gilmour...........Dahoud
March (if fit)..........................................................Mitoma
...................................Ferguson................................

But we really are blessed with options.
- Keepers are basically interchangeable at this point.
- Would be quite content with Adingra or Ansu Fati in the wide places, and neither Welbeck nor Joao Pedro are an issue up top.
- Lallana is still as good as anyone in the squad - I've only not included him from the start, as I'm desperate to see him looked after and stay fit over the long season. Milner clearly decent back up.
- Groß could move to RB if he had to, but actually Lamptey was very good on Saturday, and happy to see him cover for either full back.
- Despite people's current worries over his form, Adam Webster is a very decent CB, and I've no concerns about him stepping in if he had to. No opinion at all on Igor yet.

Amazing depth, tbh.

Agree on all counts.

This thread had me consider how many guaranteed starter-when-fit we have?

I think it's probably only Dunk, Pervis and Groß. Before the arrival of Fati, Mitoma was guaranteed to start, but I think that has now changed given the volume of fixtures. I think March is the next closest but, again, we now have a very capable second option there.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Verbruggen
Veltman Dunk Van Hecke Estupinan
Milner Dahoud
Adingra Fati Mitoma
Welbeck

I think he'll want to put as much European experience into the side so I think Fati is nailed on to start the game, along with Veltman and Milner in particular.
Your’re a brave man to not include Gross in the team . I would say that unless he gets injured in training , Gross is 99% likely to start .

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Solly wasn't in the squad on Saturday. Was anything said about what the issue was with him? I'm leaving Adingra in.

Lamptey to start once more, this time at right back. Look at the pace of those full backs and weep Athens

I'm rotating Gross out. Not because i'm stupid, but, because he's now playing international games and he covers a lot of miles and he's indispensible.

Same with Mitoma

Steele to retain his place, as I guess we're going 2 games in, 2 games out for the keepers.

Ferguson and Fati earlyish subs with a view to getting both ready to start this weekend

--------------Steele
Lamptey Van Hecke Dunk Estupinan
--------Dahoud Gilmour
-----Adingra Lallana Pedro
------------Welbeck

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Solly wasn't in the squad on Saturday. Was anything said about what the issue was with him?
Minor something-or-other in training on Friday, so not risked on Saturday with the amount of fixtures ahead.

I'd expect him to be available on Thursday.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Locked-in starters

Agree on all counts.

This thread had me consider how many guaranteed starter-when-fit we have?

I think it's probably only Dunk, Pervis and Groß. Before the arrival of Fati, Mitoma was guaranteed to start, but I think that has now changed given the volume of fixtures. I think March is the next closest but, again, we now have a very capable second option there.

I'd debate whether Solly is still a first choice but it's incredible that we only have 3/4 guaranteed. It seems like it was only a couple of seasons ago, that only City had that sort of depth and options :ohmy:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Minor something-or-other in training on Friday, so not risked on Saturday with the amount of fixtures ahead.

I'd expect him to be available on Thursday.
March was with the squad at Old Trafford too (visible, walking freely in the 'arrival' bit of the pitch-side video). He wouldn't have travelled if they were at all concerned.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'd debate whether Solly is still a first choice but it's incredible that we only have 3/4 guaranteed. It seems like it was only a couple of seasons ago, that only City had that sort of depth and options :ohmy:
Well, he's started all four Premier League games this season that he was fit for.

I think RDZ very much sees him as his first choice on the right.

Like every manager that preceded him, it seems RDZ sees the merit in Solly March far more than a small section of the Albion fanbase.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Well, he's started all four Premier League games this season that he was fit for.

I think RDZ very much sees him as his first choice on the right.

Like every manager that preceded him, it seems RDZ sees the merit in Solly March far more than a small section of the Albion fanbase.
Solly has improved hugely, but so has the quality of his competition. Fighting off Adingra for that spot all season won't be easy and will hopefully take him to even greater heights.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here