Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team Car or team bike ?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I have no idea what the cyclist's problem is, there was LOADS of room.

Also, the cyclist has got that particularly annoying nasal voice which seems to be very common in the "I know better than you" community.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
:lolol:

Well, what an idiot. Fair play to the woman there, not only did she safely overtake him and turn the corner but she didn't feel to just walk off, knowing she was right. I'm not sure I could have stood there and listened to the guy who was, clearly, a cheese. He was NOT doing 20mph there either, he was barely moving. She's obviously done nothing wrong of any kind, and the cyclist is very wrong about the whole situation. There are times when motorists, either through arrogance or carelessness, do get too close or turn into the path of a cyclist dangerously - that clearly wasn't one of them and if he didn't feel comfortable with her passing him as she did then he has a confidence problem, and needs to address it or get off the bike.

No fault for the driver at all there.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
he sounded a bit rapey
thought when he was hiding around the corner this was going to take a sinister voyeur upskirt turn

puts tissues away :drool:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Ok. But you are still judging cyclists as a body. Some cyclists are tossers, as are some drivers, and some pedestrians.

The difference is you need training and a license to take car on the road, not so a bike. Most of my problems have been down to bikes, (apart from joggers in headphones with dogs of the leash) They contain a higher percentage of Dick heads, usually characterised by having "the full kit but no brain"

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I cycle home from work, and coming along lewes road heading toward town and often turn up toward Colbourne Avenue. A lot of cars turn up there in an effort to beat the queues, and there have been a couple of times in the last week or two where cars have come up behind me and turned with me. It's not a big turning, so it's not like there's plenty of room for it.

I (perhaps naively) trust that they are comfortable with overtaking me while turning the corner, and haven't yet felt in danger (again, perhaps naively). The guy in that video has nothing to complain about.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oooooh look at me I've got myself a new camera on my head covering the massive penis that is normally there so I've got to make a ****ing massive deal out of absolutely nothing to make use of it with my annoying droney girly voice. Absolute tool - wish she'd told him to **** off. Also why say you'll 'wipe' it when it ended up on the net. Prick.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hey geeks, one thing that has occurred to me watching again as this nimrod makes a play for King Nimrod - Lord of all Nimrods:-

Just imagine if that was the closest any of us got to a RTA.

What a truly amazing feeling that would be.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
The road was relatively flat. I refuse to accept that the fat chap was going 20mph.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The road was relatively flat. I refuse to accept that the fat chap was going 20mph.
A fat chap can easily go above 20 mph on a flat road.
It's almost impossible to judge speeds with the naked eye.
But as a mamil with some experience on the subject, like you I find it hard to believe he was travelling at anything even close to 20mph.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here