Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team against Chelsea?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Yes, better chance but makes it very difficult to get anything out of the Everton game.

I think people are going to be shocked and disappointed seeing the eleven on Wednesday, just like against Arsenal last year.

Difference is Arsenal are a very different kettle of fish to Chelsea.

Whilst we need to rotate the squad in some areas, we’ve only played 4 games in the last 4 weeks so we shouldn’t be running on empty. Also no one needs to go to Chelsea and get battered by playing a weak side.

I’d expect a few changes, Moder looked tired at the end last night and probably limited mins for Lamptey…. Duffy maybe in for Webster (although Webster has always needed game time to get back up to speed following injuries) … Lallana and maybe split time for Maupay and Welbeck. Otherwise no need to make sweeping changes.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If I was in charge, I'd bin it.

Rest everyone who can or should be rested and then go for the Everton game.

Hopefully Duffy and/or Roberts can play because otherwise not much can be done in rotating the defense.

Given we chop and change a fair bit without a settled starting XI, I think it can be a rotated XI without ‘binning’ it.

Think we have Welbeck, Duffy, Gross, March, Bissouma, Alzate all chomping at the bit for some game time. Agree with your general point about needing to rotate, I think Potter does this naturally though without ear marking 1 game at the expense of another.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
They will also rest players though. Everyone who played yesterday and are playing on 2/1 will rest players on Wednesday.

They can rotate better than most with the size and quality in the squad, we haven't got Chelsea's resources. With Dunk, Duffy and Veltman out how on earth can you rotate our two full backs.
I thought the players looked fit and strong yesterday, Moder was blowing out of his backside by the end but he had put in a huge performance.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Thank God you're not.

Playing 3 games in a week is common place in England don't you know.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Locadia and Connolly up front? THAT disappointing? :lolol:

Almost that disappointing. Wont try to guess a lineup as we dont know who is available. Hopefully one of Duffy/Roberts returns so that Webster wont have to play three times in a week recently getting back from injury.

Predict Richards will make his first PL start and, unless Brighton have a point or three to defend, that we'll see Leonard and Ferguson come on at some point.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Almost that disappointing. Wont try to guess a lineup as we dont know who is available. Hopefully one of Duffy/Roberts returns so that Webster wont have to play three times in a week recently getting back from injury.

Predict Richards will make his first PL start and, unless Brighton have a point or three to defend, that we'll see Leonard and Ferguson come on at some point.

Not sure Sunday - Wednesday - Sunday is 3 games in a week…

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They can rotate better than most with the size and quality in the squad, we haven't got Chelsea's resources. With Dunk, Duffy and Veltman out how on earth can you rotate our two full backs.
I thought the players looked fit and strong yesterday, Moder was blowing out of his backside by the end but he had put in a huge performance.

Well, a way will be found because Lamptey is not starting on Wednesday.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
We won’t be seeing wholesale changes for Chelsea, maybe 1 or 2 rested on top of normal Potter rotation. Those we’ve got to be careful with coming back from injury would ideally not be played twice in 4 days but we many not have that luxury if we haven’t got the players back to replace them.

We’ve just had 2 games with 10 days between each due to the postponements, which has taken a huge load off of what normally happens in December. We’ve now got the normal busy Xmas schedule before two weeks between league games. We know a lot of rotation will happen for the cup game. So the need to totally change things up for the Chelsea game isn’t that urgent.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Rest everyone who can or should be rested and then go for the Everton game.

Hopefully Duffy and/or Roberts can play because otherwise not much can be done in rotating the defense.

Binning it would imply playing a team of untried youngsters. Don’t think that’s going to happen. Maybe Wolves scale changes.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Potter nearly always rotates for midweek games, especially since Covid. And with our injury list and that fact that some are just coming back like Welbeck and Webster I would be surprised if there weren't 5 or 6 changes.
My only worry is that we may run out of defenders. Anyone have any news on Duffy and Veltman?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Dickie1965

Sep 27, 2016
I am sure we will see March and Bissouma back with Gross and Alzate getting more game time . I would be surprised to see Veltman or Duffy if they are carrying injuries or have COVID.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Sanchez

Veltman
Webster
Burn
Cucurella

Bissouma
Mwepu
Moder

Mac Allister
Welbeck
March

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I am sure we will see March and Bissouma back with Gross and Alzate getting more game time . I would be surprised to see Veltman or Duffy if they are carrying injuries or have COVID.
But apparently Burn's shoulder "popped out" when he went down injured last night and had to have it popped backed in. He may well be very sore this morning, so potentially could have all our centre halves our, bar a just returned from injury Webster.
So desperately hope Duffy and Veltman are available for Chelsea

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
—————————-Sanchez———————-
————Webster——Duffy——-Burn———-
Lamptey—Lallana—-Bissouma—-Cucurella
—————————-Trossard———————
———Maupay————————Welbeck——-

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If only, on the horizon, there was some kind of match outside of league competition, which could be used to bin off an entire 13 days.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If Duffy and Veltman are available and with Bissouma, Gross, Alzate, March and Welbeck pushing for minutes, we should be able to put out a strong side whilst rotating a few (Lamptey, Moder, Trossard ?).

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Sanchez
Veltman Duffy Webster Burn Cucurella
Mwepu Bissoumma Moder
Maupay Trossard

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here