Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tea.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It's the one thing I have in common with Tony Benn. A preference for a large mug of tea every hour on the hour. I don't suppose he drank Earl Grey though. We'd have Twinings but it's expensive so own brand it is.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I have to drink it from a cup or a mug with a white interior. My morning tea is taken in my multi motif BHA mug which is the best mug I've ever owned, it ticks all the boxes. Afternoon tea is taken from a small china cup. I am convinced tea tastes better in a china cup.

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
I have to drink it from a cup or a mug with a white interior. My morning tea is taken in my multi motif BHA mug which is the best mug I've ever owned, it ticks all the boxes. Afternoon tea is taken from a small china cup. I am convinced tea tastes better in a china cup.

Totally agree with the white interior. Tastes just WRONG in a coloured cup.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Totally agree with the white interior. Tastes just WRONG in a coloured cup.

I can just about handle a duck egg or powder blue, anything else is wrong and black will get tipped down the sink.

Black! Black! Put me in the shadows and feed me on pins. What's for dinner mother? Pins?! Black! Black!

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I love a good cup of tea! I drink about 4 - 6 cups a day... Strong with a bit of milk, no sugar :thumbsup:

For me its got to be either Yorkshire tea, Twinings or Irish Punjana.

When I can be bothered though I make lose leaf tea, you cant beat it...

This is a genius invention and I highly recommend it, saves alot of time and hassle if you want to make a pot of loose leaf tea:

1000x1000.jpg

Always annoys me when people put milk in before the teabag. It's a pet hate of mine.

Tea should be made with boiling water so therefore this is clearly wrong, instant coffee on the other hand should have the milk in first to reduce the temperature of the water. I drink black coffee in the morning and if I MUST have instant (who sounds like a Harvey's drinker now?) I leave the water in the cup for about 5 minutes before spooning in the brown shit

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Earl Grey, three cups a day. Clipper and Twinings are my preferred brands. Like Jasmine once in a while, or Orange Pekoe. And Green tea with my sushi. I really don't mind whether the milk goes in first or second - doesn't taste any different, and I don't buy this idea that you can only regulate the perfect cuppa by doing tea first - it seems logical to me that the opposite could also be true?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Growing Tea in Yorkshire

I expect they grow it up the mountains in Yorkshire .....

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On the rare occasions I eat fish & chips, I always feel the need for a mug of tea with it. Not sure why that is, but it's a veritable craving.

PG Tips or Yorkshire for me. Very occasionally will drink camomile tea. Tastes utterly vile but it's supposed to help you sleep, and if I've had a quick changeover from night shifts to early ones, I'll try anything to get my brain back into a normal pattern.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I had an Irish girlfriend for a while. She was a total bellend but her Mam used to send over some amazing tea from the Emerald Isle. I reckon that got her an extra 2 months of Nibble lovin' so much did I enjoy that tea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here