Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

tb's pass or fail.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We won 1-0 last season with a CMS penalty, lost 1-0 the previous season and beat them in the FA cup 1-0, with a Barnes goal 3 years ago. It might have been the loss in 2011 that you were thinking of.

he was referring to performances...if i recall correctly we were a tad lucky with that one nil win

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/10589607.Bloom_wants_Albion_to_be_challenging_again/

Bloom told fans at a forum at The Amex last night: "We aim to get to the Premiership. It's a very competitive division as we know and every season at the start of the season we've got to try and have the squad we think is capable of promotion. I certainly think this season we have that.

"You can get a few bad injuries, a few bad games, we can be just outside the play-offs, we could get a bit of luck and finish in the top two, but I think if we finish in the top six we've got to be happy and if we are in the play-offs again hopefully we'll get a bit of luck.

"But it's very difficult to say. Outside the play-offs we're not going to be happy but at the end of the day we try to be competitive so that we have a reasonable chance of promotion every season we are in the Championship."​

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
This season was always going to be difficult after Poyet left. What did you expect Bloom to say - he wasn't going to say that we had no chance of going up this season was he?

Presumably he hoped something would click and we might scrape through.

Its next season he would expect a return from Oscar not this one - Summer Transfer activity needs to be in place as soon as the window is open and targets lined up ready for first game. Its obvious that something isn't right with the current squad even allowing for injuries so it needs to be sorted so Oscar can be judged on his team not what Gus left us.

I'm a little concerned at our activity and who is picking it - it looks like some we have signed are not fitting in too well and i'd like to see something positive rather than getting people in to cover injuries.

Losing Crofts, CMS, Buckley etc to injury is bad luck but its not like they only just signed and we should really have decent cover in place already by now

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
TB is a progressive chairman with a specific vision for the club, hence his refusal to sign up one of Kev the Rev's favourites as manager. There is no way that he will dump Oscar after one season.

The team is having a bad patch for whatever reason. We have had bad patches before under Oscar and have come out the other side. I see no reason that we will not do so again.

The club are going to adhere to FFP no matter what. Does that leave us a bit short in signing certain players? Yes, of course it does. We no doubt missed out on Conway, for example, due to him being on Premier League wages. Until such time as the wage gap between PL and championship comes down, we will always be in that position.

TB is looking to the future with the training academy and a progressive coach (for England that is) in Oscar and, in time, that will bear dividends. Until then, we may not attract the mercenary player looking to maximise their wages, but we are still an attractive club to join - Stephens wanted to go back up north, but as soon as he heard we were interested, he jumped at the chance, for example. No, the club did not sign whomever they wanted in the transfer window but also, because they could not get the players they wanted, they did not go and waste that money on anyone just to appease the few who think spending money like water is the way forward. Disappointing and frustrating? Yes. Sensible? Yes, very.

TB has patience in abundance. We must have that too.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
TB is a progressive chairman with a specific vision for the club, hence his refusal to sign up one of Kev the Rev's favourites as manager. There is no way that he will dump Oscar after one season.

The team is having a bad patch for whatever reason. We have had bad patches before under Oscar and have come out the other side. I see no reason that we will not do so again.

The club are going to adhere to FFP no matter what. Does that leave us a bit short in signing certain players? Yes, of course it does. We no doubt missed out on Conway, for example, due to him being on Premier League wages. Until such time as the wage gap between PL and championship comes down, we will always be in that position.

TB is looking to the future with the training academy and a progressive coach (for England that is) in Oscar and, in time, that will bear dividends. Until then, we may not attract the mercenary player looking to maximise their wages, but we are still an attractive club to join - Stephens wanted to go back up north, but as soon as he heard we were interested, he jumped at the chance, for example. No, the club did not sign whomever they wanted in the transfer window but also, because they could not get the players they wanted, they did not go and waste that money on anyone just to appease the few who think spending money like water is the way forward. Disappointing and frustrating? Yes. Sensible? Yes, very.

There are a couple of threads that this should be posted in.

Completely agree with all of it, though I'm sure others will disagree, probably by saying 'ambition' a lot.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Honestly a couple of bad results and so many people just throw the towel in its embarrassing.

Id hate to be a side playing with you lot, you just give up.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

I agree with you ,but there is something in the back of my mind saying I wish TB/PB had some of that patience you speak of with Gus,someone somewhere on this board has said that someone should have locked them in a room banged their heads together and sorted it, we have lost valuable time and energy in the last year due to the fact that they could not get on ................and we have to have the patience now, some will and lots won't

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I agree with you ,but there is something in the back of my mind saying I wish TB/PB had some of that patience you speak of with Gus,someone somewhere on this board has said that someone should have locked them in a room banged their heads together and sorted it, we have lost valuable time and energy in the last year due to the fact that they could not get on ................and we have to have the patience now, some will and lots won't

I agree, but from my rudimentary understanding of what when on with Gus, maybe TB had an inkling before March that all was not well in the camp, but he seemed surprised when Gus phoned him and wanted to leave. I still don't understand that after March, the team played really well and then capitulated for no apparent reason. Gus was so near and yet so far.

Ah well, nothing we can do about it now, but it has put our progress back significantly.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Honestly a couple of bad results and so many people just throw the towel in its embarrassing.

Id hate to be a side playing with you lot, you just give up.

You would think reading some of these posts, we are doomed for relegation to league 2, not 7 points off a play-off spot (again) with a game in hand to one of the best leagues in the world.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Make changes? Don't be silly he has got us playing like Barca...you should have seen it yesterday.

So we become another club that sacks the manager every few months if we are not top of the league? :shrug:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I disagree completely that injuries have had a significant impact on our season.

Disagree.

Buckley
KLL
Bridcutt
CMS
Ulloa
Orlandi

All been out with long term injuries.

How can they not have a significant impact on the season.

I do however agree that Oscar is not getting the best out of the personnel, we are set up far too defensively at home IMO. That's nothing new, it was the same under Gus. Why we can't play two wide men at home, plus someone to support the lone striker, I don't know.

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
You would think reading some of these posts, we are doomed for relegation to league 2, not 7 points off a play-off spot (again) with a game in hand to one of the best leagues in the world.

This time last year most fans I know thought we were getting better, this year it is obvious to most we are not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here