Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TB and the board

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Well that's what I hope for. However, those calling for money being spent don't define it as being strategically spent (like how Peterborough have done) and just seem to be calling for money just to be spent. Hoping that cures the problem, rather than targeted and more intelligent recruitment.

leave the picking and signing to CH
one player he has paid money for
Beram Kayal absolute bargain and a couple more like him and we might be OK
I don't count his loans as they were in desperation coming here after long lay-offs for injuries

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
leave the picking and signing to CH
one player he has paid money for
Beram Kayal absolute bargain and a couple more like him and we might be OK
I don't count his loans as they were in desperation coming here after long lay-offs for injuries

More importantly, I think people forget that in the loan market, you're never going to make a marquee signing, most are bench warmers or returning from long term injury. I don't understand why CH plays Best as often as he does, however, I don't doubt that there isn't any better on the market. It is a risk, it may pay off it may not.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
We played him on the wing because Lua Lua was injured and no one else could play there.

Are you stupid or are you just fishing?

CH has always said the Baldock is a C/F but plays on the wing just to play heres hoping he finds one other to play with him UP FRONT next season

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
More importantly, I think people forget that in the loan market, you're never going to make a marquee signing, most are bench warmers or returning from long term injury. I don't understand why CH plays Best as often as he does, however, I don't doubt that there isn't any better on the market. It is a risk, it may pay off it may not.

my theory is laughingly that he plays him and he plays shite ...............so we can get him cheap then next season WHAMMO he scores for fun ............................you read it here first:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
We played him on the wing because Lua Lua was injured and no one else could play there.

Are you stupid or are you just fishing?

No but you truly are if you believe that!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Not taking Kermorgant for £750k is just a bad transfer decision, it's not the sole result of FFP. It's not like we haven't been prepared to spend more than that on players. Of course FFP (and how much TB is willing to throw at our club and its spectacularly ungrateful fans) has a bearing on how much we can spend, but it's not the reason we are 20th in the league.

I work with a Charlton fan - he is immensely pissed off that they lost both Stephens and Kermorgant. The former because he was a good player, and the latter because he was pretty average for Charlton, and has turned into a world-beater at Bmuff.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
No but you truly are if you believe that!

if you go back through the player interviews Baldock himself has sad this is so and that he would rather play on the wing than not at all

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
CH has always said the Baldock is a C/F but plays on the wing just to play heres hoping he finds one other to play with him UP FRONT next season
But the problem is when Baldock has played up front, he's been alone. I really hope that Houghton finds someone else to play up there with him next, but Houghton has had plenty of opportunity to play two strikers since he's been here, but he hasn't. and sadly I don't see that changing as much as I would love it to.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
The only striker to buck the trend was Leo, and I still think he would have scored a lot more last season, if he was used correctly, and not as an isolated striker for bug chunks of it!

I know it's just opinion, but when you write stuff, do you ever actually check the facts? On what basis would he have scored more?

Ulloa's most successful goals to game ratio was with us (that's by club not season).

He only had one prolific season before he joined us, the rest of the time it was very similar to his tally in Sussex.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
if you go back through the player interviews Baldock himself has sad this is so and that he would rather play on the wing than not at all

Off course he would. I am sure Calderon would prefer to play out of position than not at all.

Problem is, the way we play, Baldock has no place in the side, as they are no more wingers, than they are lone strikers, and that's all they have been this season, whether under Houghton or the Finn.

For numb nuts to say Baldock only played there because Lua Lua was injured, is laughable. Que his fishing comment. Fishing for what though. I'd rather he keep his cliches and crap to himself!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I know it's just opinion, but when you write stuff, do you ever actually check the facts? On what basis would he have scored more?

Ulloa's most successful goals to game ratio was with us (that's by club not season).

He only had one prolific season before he joined us, the rest of the time it was very similar to his tally in Sussex.

If he wasn't used as a lone target man. If you watched him, numerous times he was getting the run around as the lone striker. It's not what he is good at. He's no more a lone striker than CMS or Baldock. Leo this his back to goal as he spent a lot of his time last season, was a very very average on my opinion. Leo facing goal, with the ball played in front of him was lethal, and what probably made Leicester pay £8million for him. If he had played with close support, I think he would have scored a lot more.

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex
I haven't seen anyone talking about making a profit and don't see the relevance.
Surely it's a question of how much money, if any, the Chairman is prepared to put in annually to shore up a loss making business and for how long? Having just checked the last three years accounts, the holding company losses for this period total £35.2m so that's £11.7m/pa on average.
OK then, having stated somewhere on this thread that we've been reluctant to spend, how much do you consider to be a reasonable annual contribution from TB?

Just a thought from an idiot Brighton fan. If we lose so much money each season and cant afford to buy good / better players because of FFP, how can we always get money into the club to build. The hotel is under construction now how if we lose so much money each year. If it were me I would probably Invest in the team first, get bigger crowds and match day revenues , bonus for finishing higher up the league more TV games becuase your doing well etc = more money = balanced books = pays for Hotel???.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Just a thought from an idiot Brighton fan. If we lose so much money each season and cant afford to buy good / better players because of FFP, how can we always get money into the club to build. The hotel is under construction now how if we lose so much money each year. If it were me I would probably Invest in the team first, get bigger crowds and match day revenues , bonus for finishing higher up the league more TV games becuase your doing well etc = more money = balanced books = pays for Hotel???.

An extra 1,000 on the gate brings in about £370,000 in revenue over a season, once you subtract VAT and the travel subsidy. We lost £10.2 million last season, so would need an extra 27,500 to attend the Amex each home game to balance the books.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
An extra 1,000 on the gate brings in about £370,000 in revenue over a season, once you subtract VAT and the travel subsidy. We lost £10.2 million last season, so would need an extra 27,500 to attend the Amex each home game to balance the books.

you would have a job to cramb them

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton

I would of thought the travel is paid for wether 1 fan turns up or 30,000 , the cost will be the same .

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I would of thought the travel is paid for wether 1 fan turns up or 30,000 , the cost will be the same .

It's based on expected transport levels. Why would the club pay the rail and bus companies for 30,000 journeys if only 1 is expected to arise?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't understand why CH plays Best as often as he does.

Because he's marginally less shit than CMS and COG in training some weeks?

The occasional barn door may be hit.

I don't think he's that bad a player compared to some loan striker signings we've had *cough* Obika and Painter.

However his body language gets up people's noses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here