Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Taylor Richards joins Doncaster on loan

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Well done to the David Weir, Ashworth, GP etc. They've found Taylor a good club with a good manager. The rest is up to him.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
These sort of details haven't been announced. However it strikes me as unlikely. We paid £2m (I think) for him and Donny don't have that sort of money. Far more likely we are doing what we usually do, which is to send him out to gain experience with a view to making a decision for next season as to whether to integrate him into the squad, giving him a higher level loan or selling when he may have shown enough for us to make a modest profit

Yeah I can't see any way they could afford him, but I'm also sure that you're right about the plan.

As an aside, if we do loan Duffy to Celtic, we'll own the best player in Scotland and the best player in League 1. Who are we loaning to a Championship team and League 2 to complete the set? :p

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
An interesting youngster is Taylor Richards. Clearly talented and can make things happen around the box. Unusually I think he needs to learn to be a bit more selfish, demand the ball more and dictate games. I get the impression he is a little bit introverted.

If a season at Donny doesn't bring the best out of him, I think he may disappear. He has the talent to play a more technical slower paced Southern European game, it just remains to be seen how much personal drive he has and whether that classy number 10 can emerge.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Foden only going to start getting regular football now and he's superb.

Exactly. Imagine being in an academy where teammates leave to teams like Borussia Dortmund, Real Madrid and (soon to be in Angeliño's case and historically in Denis Suarez's case) Barcelona, to get a chance at playing first team football.

In fact, in recent years, the only two academy graduate success stories (to any extent) have been Phil Foden and Kelechi Iheanacho (who was promptly shipped off to Leicester). Eric Garcia doesn't really count as he spent the majority of his youth at Barcelona and was clearly brought as a long-term answer to the lack of depth at CB in the first team and Foden has had to remain unbelievably patient whilst Sancho has become one of the hottest prospects the English game has seen in years.

You can see why a young player would be looking at other options as they looked to sign their first professional deal.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Exactly. Imagine being in an academy where teammates leave to teams like Borussia Dortmund, Real Madrid and (soon to be in Angeliño's case and historically in Denis Suarez's case) Barcelona, to get a chance at playing first team football.

In fact, in recent years, the only two academy graduate success stories (to any extent) have been Phil Foden and Kelechi Iheanacho (who was promptly shipped off to Leicester). Eric Garcia doesn't really count as he spent the majority of his youth at Barcelona and was clearly brought as a long-term answer to the lack of depth at CB in the first team and Foden has had to remain unbelievably patient whilst Sancho has become one of the hottest prospects the English game has seen in years.

You can see why a young player would be looking at other options as they looked to sign their first professional deal.

I wonder what was going through Foden's mind seeing Sancho leave and explode onto the scene? The City staff must've done some serious work to convince him it's all good.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Totally right. Surely the only sensible career choice for a young player is to go to the level where you'll get a game, prove yourself and work your way up.

I know Albion exploit the loan system to great effect, but I'd never let myself be used like that if I was the player. Well done to Tariq Lamptey, Sancho and others.

I’m guessing plenty of them have their eyes on the lambo before the 21st birthday. We were all young and didn’t make good decisions once, but they should be getting better guidance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here