Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Taylor Hawkins Tribute

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Streaming live.

It’s like LiveAid but a 21st century rock special.

The Foos are the backing band generally with Dave having turns on every instrument but Brian Johnson is killing the AC/DC set at the moment!

https://youtu.be/LOnjLuBBkhU

Brian Johnson looked like he was having heart attack at the end of that. Great stuff :bowdown:

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Queen up now I think. Been watching it for a couple of hours as I missed the start of it.

Jul 7, 2003
Only just realised this was being streamed - Dave Grohl struggling to get through the start of Times Like These brought a lump to the throat

Jul 7, 2003
That 12 year old drummer was very impressive - she showed no nerves playing such a massive gig.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Missed the Rush, Queen and AC/DC stuff but even though I’m not a huge FF fan this is all very good and a great tribute to Taylor.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
One reason I love Dave Grohl is the human touch, he is so good at it. The thing with the drummer girl, can't remember her name, has been going for a few years.

Nandi. Yeah, she's a seasoned pro now! From north London IIRC. Learning other instruments too. Ridiculous talent.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Sam Ryder impressed me when singing with Queen on Somebody to Love, you could see Brian passing judgement on the high note near the end, looks like he approved.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Shane Hawkins... Wow.

Genuinely plays like his dad. Hits so hard.

I could see Josh Freese (pink hair, played a fair bit earlier in the show) as the next Foos drummer. Seemed to have absolutely nailed the parts and suited the style.

Travis Barker was great and they chose the right songs for him (Pretender and Monkey Wrench).

Jealous of a couple of mates who were sidestage for the whole thing. Them Crooked Vultures - Gunman. What a tune.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I was there, it was a brilliant show

obviously some of the acts I had high hopes for (and they didn't disappoint), but there were a few that I'd probably never necessarily go out of my way to see- Supergrass, James Gang, Justin Hawkins for example who were brilliant

even Kesha who I'd snobbishly dismissed before the show was alright

wouldn't surprise me if Sam Ryder started touring with Queen now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here