Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tattoo / Piercing

stimpy

Apr 28, 2012
Lancing
Sorry if ths has already been posted/asked.

I know that tattoo's and piercings are not everyones cup of tea but I'm a real tattoo fan. I have'nt got any piercings but a number of tattoos.

Currently I have my left arm fully sleeved (hot rod / mechanics theme), full back piece (memorial to my niece), sugar skull on my right calf, fat mermaid on my right thigh (drunken bet), lucky 13 on the back of my left knee and I'm in the process of having my right arm half sleeved (traditional nautical theme).

So, who has what and what are your thoughts on heavily tattood'd or pierced people?

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
I winced just reading the "back of the left knee"!!

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I know very few people who can honestly say that they are 100% happy with tattoos they have had done in their younger years. That will always be the biggest problem, they are dated, and in most cases will look rubbish 20 years later.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i haven't got any tatts .... large sleeper left earlobe, small stud right earlobe , prince albert in the usual place , tractor tyre up arse...!!

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I have 1 tattoo that I regret getting done, stupid Chinese symbols on my leg (got it done when i was 16, with a few mates). I then have another tattoo on my inner upper right arm which I got done in Thailand when i was pissed with a friend, silly little saying but it reminds me of my travels so I love it. Want to get a sleeve or half sleeve at some point though. Use to have my ears pierced (10mm stretchers) and my lip, although I don't wear any of them any more.

To be honest, even the tattoo I regret doesn't bother me too much. When I am older and look disgusting anyway, I'll look back on it and laugh, its all memories and part of growing up.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I have a full sleeve on my right arm telling my life story - had the first one done in my mid fifties and went on from there. It's addictive but I won't have any anywhere else. I can cover it over when I need to as I do accept that it can be viewed as inappropriate for someone my age and in some circumstances but when I had to stop working I think it it compensated by giving me a way to express my personality. My kids think I'm barking but I love it :lol:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I like the idea of getting a tattoo - something small, subtle and meaningful, but I never get even close to doing something about it. I just can't get past the fact that whatever I fancy now, it'll just look ridiculous in a few years...

I would never get a piercing - they just look wrong on men IMO...

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I have a full sleeve on my right arm telling my life story - had the first one done in my mid fifties and went on from there. It's addictive but I won't have any anywhere else. I can cover it over when I need to as I do accept that it can be viewed as inappropriate for someone my age and in some circumstances but when I had to stop working I think it it compensated by giving me a way to express my personality. My kids think I'm barking but I love it :lol:

Brilliant!!

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Got a big angel like Beckham on my back with 'close' relatives names around it who have passed, got 3 stars on my lowed left arm & will have my kids names added to them (when I have kids) Im half way into my polynesian sleeve tattoo on right arm just waiting for the lotto win to complete that, I have my date of birth across my chest in roman numerals.

as for piercings Ive had my eyebrow done 4 different times, 2 times I had to remove them from school & ended up they ended up healing, another times one got pulled out and I ended up taking the last one out because of work, got my tongue pierces but dont have it in now but still open-ish, got my nipple pierced & my Frenum (not in the mouth version).

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I like the idea of getting a tattoo - something small, subtle and meaningful, but I never get even close to doing something about it. I just can't get past the fact that whatever I fancy now, it'll just look ridiculous in a few years...

I would never get a piercing - they just look wrong on men IMO...

This-ish. I have always liked the idea of having a dragon wrapped around my upper arm - it would be colourful, quite large and therefore pretty obvious though a shirt. But I work in a very conservative industry run by old men in suits with old fashioned attitudes. Doing well at work [ie conforming!] has always been more important than having the tat done.

I hope that one day I'm either running the business or have enough money in the bank and I can say sod it and have the tat I want.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Old mine are black and grey and some are now old but I still like them and if I had the money id get lots more, I have a face (bit weird cant explain but I liove it) which I got at the tender age of 15 but still looks nice, the entire poem IF on my entire back (nightmare when I go swimming peiople are always stopping me to read it) roses with my littlens names going up one leg,koi carp one on my arm going up over my shoulder onto my cheast with water lillies etc,Comedy and tragedy masks on my wrist and of course a seagull on my other leg that was flying the right way then the wrong way and now the right way again

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Sorry if ths has already been posted/asked.

I know that tattoo's and piercings are not everyones cup of tea but I'm a real tattoo fan. I have'nt got any piercings but a number of tattoos.

Currently I have my left arm fully sleeved (hot rod / mechanics theme), full back piece (memorial to my niece), sugar skull on my right calf, fat mermaid on my right thigh (drunken bet), lucky 13 on the back of my left knee and I'm in the process of having my right arm half sleeved (traditional nautical theme).

So, who has what and what are your thoughts on heavily tattood'd or pierced people?

Used to have both ears pierced but they came out some years back.

No tattoo's yet, but want some on my forearm underneath if that makes sense. Going to get my childrens names on the right and lyrics to favourite song on left.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Never been a piercing man myself and dont suspect I ever will be. Have 3 tattoos at the moment and already planning out my next one. Going to be a bit larger so wont be cheap and will have to save a bit. Wont ever get to the point where I have ones I cant cover up. In my line of work I need to be able to cover them

Sep 1, 2010
Band logo on right leg. Albion Badge(old round one) on top right arm(ballsed-up) writing down my left arm and big black tattoo on left and right forearm, left representing loosely a dragon on one and a scorpion on the other. along with President XD from the Outer Limits Album(which has never quite been finished)

Came within hours of losing my left eye through have a piercing on left brow which my body rejected so badly it closed the eye up within hours so decided against anymore of those

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
This-ish. I have always liked the idea of having a dragon wrapped around my upper arm - it would be colourful, quite large and therefore pretty obvious though a shirt. But I work in a very conservative industry run by old men in suits with old fashioned attitudes. Doing well at work [ie conforming!] has always been more important than having the tat done.

I hope that one day I'm either running the business or have enough money in the bank and I can say sod it and have the tat I want.

Pretty much my situation (I was teaching and I think it is totally inappropriate in that role) - you are doing exactly the right thing

For anyone having a first tattoo I strongly recommend not only visiting a few artists to see what they say they can do but actually watch them at work, Once you have decided be very clear what you want and what they understand you to mean you want (rarely the same thing in my experience)

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've got ACAB across the knuckles of my left hand.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I think a subtle, meaningful (i.e. its got to last a lifetime) tattoo is something to be proud of - hence I have my signature (see below) tattoed on the inside of my right forearm - it means "Brighton until I die" in arabic and is often noticed, especially in arab speaking countries where it attracts a lot of attention and always gives me the opportunity to explain that it relates to a football team not a woman (or man!) which is often a cause of some bewilderment and confusion!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here