Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
needs a dedicated stretching regime instilled into his daily routine and plenty of deep tissue massage 3 times a week......his hammies need a nannying and a hammerring.

I would e mail the Club. They would be pleased to hear this.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
well it didn't work with Will Buckley and his sorbent sinews.......hopefully the physio is state of the art now.:)

I laughed when I saw the picture of recent signing Danielle Carter, with her massive false lashes. I have no idea how Malcolm Stuart and his magic sponge would have dealt with a false eyelash related injury. I assume she isn't going to wear those when she is playing?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We were never in the relegation zone. I was being facetious, summarising what Publius was referring to earlier on. I think the moment has passed.....

We were also never out of the bottom 6, except for alphabetical reasons, and quite possibly one random week, when we instantly scurried back to where we belong.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
We were also never out of the bottom 6, except for alphabetical reasons, and quite possibly one random week, when we instantly scurried back to where we belong.

Yes, you're right. I seem to recall there was one period when Fulham were within 2 points of us though. So technically, while we were never in the relegation zone, we flirted with it, chatted it up a bit, but never got into bed with it.

Let's hope that there's none of that jiggery pokery this season.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Yes, you're right. I seem to recall there was one period when Fulham were within 2 points of us though. So technically, while we were never in the relegation zone, we flirted with it, chatted it up a bit, but never got into bed with it.

Did we not go into the relegation zone for 20 minutes or so until Fulham conceded at one point?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Well all live in hope.
But it's a foolish person who ignores the past and assumes we are f*****g brilliant just because 'well it can't happen again' & we beat 10 man Man City just before the Champions League final.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
IIRC wasn't there a week where we were only 2 points up on Fulham and had played 1 game more? That'll have been when Fulham were on their winning streak, which promptly snapped and they didn't get the points to jump us when they played the game in hand.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Well all live in hope.
But it's a foolish person who ignores the past and assumes we are f*****g brilliant just because 'well it can't happen again' & we beat 10 man Man City just before the Champions League final.

While we're on hope, wouldn't it be f*****g brilliant if for the first time in the PL, that we weren't looking over our shoulders, and jostling for a mid-table position with mighty Leeds etc? We could relax and actually enjoy the football, instead of forever thinking it's the result that counts.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
While we're on hope, wouldn't it be f*****g brilliant if for the first time in the PL, that we weren't looking over our shoulders, and jostling for a mid-table position with mighty Leeds etc? We could relax and actually enjoy the football, instead of forever thinking it's the result that counts.
It's certainly what I'm expecting/anticipating.
I can't wait to get excited about a proper striker signing, then we'll have a better idea of what level to pitch up at.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I don't remember that at all. I'm not saying it didn't happen, just that if it did happen, I blotted it from my memory.

In 2019/20 we were briefly top of the league no less - when in game 2 of the season we scored v.early on to go 1-0 up v West Ham having won the first match v Watford. . Only for it to be chalked off due to VAR. Downhill ever since !!

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
It's certainly what I'm expecting/anticipating.
I can't wait to get excited about a proper striker signing, then we'll have a better idea of what level to pitch up at.

Yep, a new 20 goal-a-season striker would be most welcome, as he would have been last season. Even if he turned out to mainly score those Xg expected goals, he would still occupy opposition defenders leaving space for others.

If he doesn't turn up, I'm sure the club have been working on a plan B, so I remain hopeful another goalscorer(s) will emerge from the existing squad. Someone else mentioned that Lamptey should play further up the pitch. I put forward that suggestion last season, before he got injured. If fit, and up to full speed, he would terrify full backs, create a lot of chances and get us a few penalties.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here