Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
If he maintains this level, a matter of time until England call. And if he goes to the Euros all bets are off.

We have him for now though.. if it works out it suits all parties. Maybe we can now get other Lampteys..

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If he maintains this level, a matter of time until England call. And if he goes to the Euros all bets are off.

We have him for now though.. if it works out it suits all parties. Maybe we can now get other Lampteys..

Unfortunately England at Right Back is very strong - Trent Alexander-Arnold, Reece James, Aaron Wan-Bissaka at least. That is ignoring Walker (probably won't be included now) & Trippier

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We have a potential superstar on our hands. We need Bruno to give him a crash course in defensive tactics and duties and, assuming he is a quick and willing learner, he will be awesome.

Careful suggesting he might have room for improvement on this thread and might have areas to work on. He's above constructive criticism for some. :p

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Long way to go, especially after just a handful of first team appearances.

If you are looking at international level there are a few flaws to raise.

1) Poor movement on set pieces
2) Poor tackle selection (Salah and example yesterday where shadowing and forcing wide was the correct choice rather than attempting to engage- same with Vardy the other week)
3) Movement from a starting position, especially in his first third. He doesn't like passing people there unless he has a start.

Of course, this is nit picking, he's an exciting prospect and comfortable at this level already. But he's not at international level and won't be until he's shown what he can do on that wet Tuesday night. Even then, England have some strong experienced players.

Ghana may see it differently.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Hard to compete with the current RB:s (though its possible he might), but I'm not sure that will be his position in a year - there's a dirty, dirty RW living inside of him.

SoggyCabbages

Mar 29, 2019
Lamptey is Carlos Alberto reborn, don't let anyone tell you anything different.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Blistering pace, caused his Liverpool oppo all sorts of problems last night. Constant nuisance. Best of all, he's fully thrown in his hand with us. Plus he's only 19 FFS! What a top acquisition! :clap2:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
what does £3M get you in football these days?

Tariq Lamptey

or

this season, less than 4 appearances from Mezut Ozil (if the reports of his wages are correct and he doesn't play all of the remaining fixtures)

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Hard to compete with the current RB:s (though its possible he might), but I'm not sure that will be his position in a year - there's a dirty, dirty RW living inside of him.

I’m starting to think that, a Sterling or a Bale type as he matures.

When you have a player who can cause that many problems for other teams you want him to play further up. Wow, exciting times. Yep I’m getting carried away again.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Are you asking because you don't know, or because you believe there is?

First I've heard any suggestion of it. :shrug:

I only saw someone say there was on social media, obviously doesn't mean much! Just wondered if anyone knew. Either way, it's fantasitc bit of business as he looks to be a quality Premier League player already and he's only 19.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Young players need games to develop. I think he’s going to get them here.

Really excited for him.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
A nice thought, but that means bypassing Kyle Walker, TAA, Kieran Trippier, AWB, Reece James (who was blocking Lamptey's path at Chelsea) and the rest...

I think Trippier's on the way out and Walker's probably not got much longer in the team but TAA, AWB and James are all young and are going to be around for some time. Lamptey would not get much game time with England, if he wants to play internationally, he may be better off looking at Ghana.

And he'd probably have more chance picking up an ACN medal than a Euro one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here