Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

tapatalk

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Just trying to get used to using this but finding the navigation awkward. Any experts out there with hints and tips?.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Just play around with it until it becomes 2nd nature mate.. It'll be worth it and it is quite easy to get the hang of. It's a quality app to use for forums but you do miss out on polls. Not that that's a major problem ;)

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Just play around with it until it becomes 2nd nature mate.. It'll be worth it and it is quite easy to get the hang of. It's a quality app to use for forums but you do miss out on polls. Not that that's a major problem ;)

Thanks and will do.

Where I struggle is that you seem to have to use the back key to get back to the big board, or am I missing a menu somewhere?.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Just use Latest > Unread and you don't have to do very much navigating at all.

I don't see that option. the only menu bar I have is set for interacting with threads and little else.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Android, Nexus7.

In that case you should have a main ui like this:
uploadfromtaptalk1357153767492.jpg

So Bozza meant use the to left option. Once in there you can choose between "unread" and two other options.

You can also install a short cut directly to "the big board" from NSC into your desktop to save time

Last edited:

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
In that case you should have a main ui like this:
View attachment 38025

So Bozza meant use the to left option. Once in there you can choose between "unread" and two other options.

You can also install a short cut directly to "the big board" from NSC into your desktop to save time

I only see that menu bar on the big board not whilst in a thread. Therefore have to click other back button to come out.

Thanks for the help it is appreciated.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
There is a new version out for tablets which looks different.

I like it but Trigger is right that you do keep having to use the back button which feels unnecessary.

Still in beta though so hopefully it will improve.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Best advice is not to bother, I just use the safari or chrome browsers on my iPhone & iPad.
Find it far easier to navigate.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Best advice is not to bother, I just use the safari or chrome browsers on my iPhone & iPad.
Find it far easier to navigate.

That is not the best of advice. Tapatalk is a wonderful way to view a forum on a tablet. It has few downsides (polls as already mentioned) but it has many advantages for one, the speed at which one can view posts on threads already participated in. It simplifies viewing nsc massively and I love it!

leamo

Jul 27, 2011
Sussex by the sea...
That is not the best of advice. Tapatalk is a wonderful way to view a forum on a tablet. It has few downsides (polls as already mentioned) but it has many advantages for one, the speed at which one can view posts on threads already participated in. It simplifies viewing nsc massively and I love it!

This! I have an android phone and tablet and always use tapatalk.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What's so difficult about tapping a Back button?

It's dead easy to use and far superior to trying to use Safari IMO

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Ok, if that's your experience,
I view more threads than i participate in, but for me it does not do anything quicker that the browsers do. so I do not see any benefits to it at all, would love it to be better and more quicker than browsers, but just don't see it. are there ant tutorial that explain it, or is it just down to "play and see"?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ok, if that's your experience,
I view more threads than i participate in, but for me it does not do anything quicker that the browsers do. so I do not see any benefits to it at all, would love it to be better and more quicker than browsers, but just don't see it. are there ant tutorial that explain it, or is it just down to "play and see"?

On an iPhone, Tapatalk is much, much nicer - the interface is clean and no need to pinch and zoom all the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here