Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tanno

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It is a fact. And it was a big contract. He was injured in the first few months and wrote the entire thing off. Insurance payment or not, he waived a very large amount f money and the club publicly thanked him for it. I remember it well as it stood out at the time as an act of real class from a footballer. Sadly the way football is make people so cyncical and less likely to believe such acts.

Hold on, I havent a scooby whether he did or not and I am not passing comment on his character, dont know the bloke.

If however he got an insurance pay out comparable to his contract then it does slightly change the dynamics of his actions.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
We all seem to be assuming that Tanno will go wherever Gus goes (whether he is interim or not in the meantime) but what about his own ambitions? Would/could he use the "interim" position to put himself in the public eye as a manager in his own right? (Admittedly I can't see him being this at Brighton other than maybe as the interim)

I don't really know anything about him but surely he has ambitions to be something other than Gus's lacky for the rest of his life!?!

Wasn't he quite happy living in Sardinia (somewhere in Italy anyway) with no interest in football employment of any description? I seem to remember him saying at the time that Gus had to persuade him to become his assistant manager and that if it had been anybody else he'd have stayed retired. Guess we'll find out pretty soon.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
he may but process was followed so he has no grounds

He could argue that all trust is now lost between himself and his employer and that the club engineering that mistrust. I'm not suggesting that this is the case but they are a number of possibilities that would allow him to resign and claim constructive dismissal. It's rather more subjective than wrongful dismissal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tough it out for a couple of weeks and 3 years worth of money in his pocket. He'd either have too much money or be a fool to quit or not turn up now, unless the club have the option in his contract to downgrade his position, which is probably unlikely.

I fully expect him to have turned up today but who knows in this parallel universe we are living in :shrug:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Not necessarily. There might not have been a valid cause/reason for his suspension in the first place?

Isn't it common practise to suspend people whilst an investigation is going on?

I expect they were all on full pay while suspended so no loss of earnings and being reinstated with no 'blot on his copybook' suggests that there isn't likely to be cause for constructive dismissal claims. That's only my take on matters with no knowledge of employment law whatsoever so he'll probably end up getting a massive payoff.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Isn't it common practise to suspend people whilst an investigation is going on?

I expect they were all on full pay while suspended so no loss of earnings and being reinstated with no 'blot on his copybook' suggests that there isn't likely to be cause for constructive dismissal claims. That's only my take on matters with no knowledge of employment law whatsoever so he'll probably end up getting a massive payoff.

Agree, legally the suspension would not constitute any basis for a claim (assuming book followed at all times) as the club made it clear he had no case to answer. If he is subsequently treated differently and victimised or prejudiced for the suspension or the reason for it then he has a case. If he turns up to work and everyone at the club is nice to him, then he, legally, wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here