Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tankfest at the Tank Museum, Bovington, Dorset!

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
The tank museum is an awesome place to visit. I've had several trips there over the years. So much to see and do in the area. As already been pointed out beware of the trainee tank drivers out and about on the open road in their tanks. Which look funny as it is usually just the hull without the turret. Also some days you can park up by the ranges and watch them target practice. It's very loud and the tracer shots look awesome! A word of warning they don't like you taking pictures of the training and one of my mates had his film taken when he went to get it developed!

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
I'm going this year, last went in 2006 was a really good day out

Nothing like driving down the road, looking in your rear view mirror to see a tank behind you

Got a proper camera now, so hoping to get some decent pictures of Tiger 131

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Corfe Castle in the mist is beautiful. I have moved to Weymouth recently which is about half hour away and have been past a few times and it never fails to evoke daydreams of ancient times.
Monkey World do great work with rescued monkeys many of whom were pets!

Nice view from the castle on a clear day.

Weymouth is nice, I've spent hours on the beach there.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Tanks are great! So the Tank museum is Incredibly great!!

I drove a chieftan as part of an experience day and I had such an urge to just take off and start ploughing everything in to the ground. The power is incredible, you feel unstoppable.

I didn't turn rogue in the end. Just went round the circuit a few times.

I now get my kicks from World of Tanks, great free game, would be even better if I was stupid enough to buy Gold though (get's you decent upgrades etc.).

:moo:

Attachments

• DSC00965.JPG
    DSC00965.JPG
    474.9 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC00968.JPG
    DSC00968.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 68
  • DSC00961.JPG
    DSC00961.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 62

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports