Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tangmere-No Racing of Horse Drawn Vehicles. What is this all about

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
See this sign on the A27 dual carriageway at Tangmere everytime I go this way which is perhaps once or twice a year. Always irritates me. Anyone know why these signs should be here in particular?

adammicheal

Jan 3, 2006
I seem to remember someone telling once that the sign was put up because local travellers were often caught racing down the dual carriageway on sunday mornings

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I've wondered this many times and came to the same conclusion. Don't know for sure though.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I heard that between the signs by the roundabouts, the distance is a mile or a mile and a half. Romany's used to use it as a race track for " Trotting " races, ie. A horse and light carriage. Lots of money was wagered and lots of congestion for traffic too and so, a byelaw was passed banning it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nothing to do with HRH Prince Philip then ? :lol:

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I seem to remember someone telling once that the sign was put up because local travellers were often caught racing down the dual carriageway on sunday mornings

They were holding up the traffic in Haywards Heath of all places this afternoon. First time I have ever seen these horse drawn vehicles in the flesh.

Aug 21, 2011
If thats the reason for the sign its a complete waste of time. feking Pikies do what they like any way. Sure they will be pitched up in the bennetts field car park any time soon!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here