Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tammy Abraham could he be the answer?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I think he'd certainly be on the radar as a realistic signing and I'd be happy to see him here

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

All due respect and all that, it is not remotely realistic we will sign Tammy Abraham. Maybe when he’s in the twilight of his career, no way now. You do wonder sometimes if BHA fans ever try seeing this club from the outsider perspective.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
All due respect and all that, it is not remotely realistic we will sign Tammy Abraham. Maybe when he’s in the twilight of his career, no way now. You do wonder sometimes if BHA fans ever try seeing this club from the outsider perspective.
Yet he could quite easily go to Villa, our main problem is we don’t sell anyone to be able to reinvest back into the squad. We have to bite two bullets at some point increase wages and start selling.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Bloom made it clear that his aim for the club was to see it self sufficient and competing in the Premier league, big wages and top players isn't the plan. We will continue to develop young talent and be known as a club that will give players the opportunity if they are good enough and work hard in training. That is a decent enough USP to get us into the top 10

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Abraham can score goals. I tend to think of him as a lucky player in front of goal more than a talented, intelligent goalscorer. Scores off his shins, bum, thighs as often as a clean header or shot. As such, would he fit the Potter model bearing in mind his (and my) lack of enthusiasm for McBurnie. Not so sure about this one, but maybe a lucky goalscorer is what we need, as long as it doesn't run out when he walks through the door!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Remember we were in for him on loan and he joined Swansea - had a few good seasons since. Is unlikely we’d be in with a shot of getting him but people said similar about Lallana on here. You never know...

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Bloom made it clear that his aim for the club was to see it self sufficient and competing in the Premier league, big wages and top players isn't the plan. We will continue to develop young talent and be known as a club that will give players the opportunity if they are good enough and work hard in training. That is a decent enough USP to get us into the top 10
Yeah that’s not going to work, the amount of games we get undone by that bit of quality I also see GP protected himself with his latest league position is determined by money article.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah that’s not going to work, the amount of games we get undone by that bit of quality I also see GP protected himself with his latest league position is determined by money article.

How very dare he when so many low budget teams manage to get into and stay in the top 10 :wink:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
How very dare he when so many low budget teams manage to get into and stay in the top 10 :wink:
A bit of honesty would go along way, Barber is maybe be misjudging the Albion faithful with the so obvious bullshit dreams of top ten and Europe we don’t really care do we? We all know we spent about a tenner last summer just be honest and say our plan is to survive anything else is a Brucie Bonus.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If the question is

'Is Tony Bloom about to abandon the long term plans he has stuck to since taking over the club to invest heavily in development, sign and develop young players, and then hopefully let them move onto bigger clubs for large amounts of profit in order to re-invest in development ?'

Then yes, Tammy Abrahams could well be the answer (or similar)

And one other thing. I would bet my house that TB wouldn't have Dunk on a ‘Paul Ince clause’ in his contract. I believe they are even rarer than 'player swaps' and 'pay as you play' contracts, which everyone constantly talk about, but hardly ever happen :rolleyes:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
If the question is

'Is Tony Bloom about to abandon the long term plans he has stuck to since taking over the club to invest heavily in development, sign and develop young players, and then hopefully let them move onto bigger clubs for large amounts of profit to re-invest in development ?'

Then yes, Tammy Abrahams could well be the answer (or similar)

And one other thing. I would bet my house that TB wouldn't have Dunk on a ‘Paul Ince clause’ in his contract. I believe they are even rarer than 'player swaps' and 'pay as you play' contracts, which everyone constantly talk about, but hardly ever happen :rolleyes:

TB also has stated long-term ambition for the club to solidify a top-10 position in the most competitive elite league on the planet. TA is 23 years old and still has some years of development before he hits his peak. Fits the Albion profile pretty well - although he is another level in terms of profile/wages etc.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
TB also has stated long-term ambition for the club to solidify a top-10 position in the most competitive elite league on the planet. TA is 23 years old and still has some years of development before he hits his peak. Fits the Albion profile pretty well - although he is another level in terms of profile/wages etc.

Certainly the type of player may suit, but as you point out, he's too far along that development/fee/wages curve :thumbsup:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
There must be a reason ol' tommy tickle left him out, attitude maybe? We're not going to sign a striker on big wages just so we can piss off the rest of the squad. I would love to be able to book a holiday to outer Latvia on a Thursday night, but let's get there sensibly and sustainably.
Oh, it's a no from me

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There must be a reason ol' tommy tickle left him out, attitude maybe? We're not going to sign a striker on big wages just so we can piss off the rest of the squad. I would love to be able to book a holiday to outer Latvia on a Thursday night, but let's get there sensibly and sustainably.
Oh, it's a no from me

Yeah probably attitude. Same with Giroud, on the bench bad attitude

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Left out by Tuchel in the squad for the FA Cup leaving a huge question mark over his Chelsea future.

So,

Would you want him at the Amex? (Really a no brainer)

How much would we have to pay for him? (Or would Chelsea swap him for Biss?)

Dunk almost certainly has the ‘Paul Ince clause’ in his contract, so could the Albion potentially be looking at two players having a six figure weekly salary?

What is the ‘Paul Ince clause' you have written it as we are all in the know.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think he'd certainly be on the radar as a realistic signing and I'd be happy to see him here

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Realistic? do you really think so? I think it's might unlikely that the club would want to fork out a massive amount of money, both on his transfer fee, and then what are bound to be his highly inflated wages.

Plus from the player's perspective, why would be want to sign for a club who have been been in a perpetual relegation battle since we reached the Premier League?

No unf#ortually l can't see us entering what would probably end up as a bidding war. There will be stronger, wealthier teams with a more realistic chance of winning honours or a European place covetting him. We need to lower our sights just a tad l think.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What is the ‘Paul Ince clause' you have written about as we’re not all in the know.

It means that Dunk must be the highest paid player. There is also an obsession with players earning over £100k per week which, I assume, the club are dead against but others seem to being this possibility up at every opportunity to incite ‘debate’ as pointless as that might seem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here