Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Talktalk

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I have Vodafone Broadband and use Google Chrome as my browser and to access my e mails just log into TalkTalk.co.uk then click on mail which stores my email address and password then up comes the emails. I do appreciate the help that people offer but sometimes do not always understand the questions asked when they go into technical terms. I do not know what an e mail programme is.

Ok cool

I would do 2 things bg

I would select ALL the emails you want to keep and forward them to your outlook.com address

A rudimentary back up...

Then i would install outlook on one of your devices, a pc or laptop

In this instance, assuming you wont be paying talktalk to keep your emails accessible anymore setup an email in thunderbird or outlook using the POP3 settings here

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Email-settings-IMAP-amp-POP3/ta-p/2204399

THIS WILL DOWNLOAD THE EMAILS TO YOUR MACHINE AND REMOVE THEM FROM THE TALK TALK SERVER

Normally Imap is better option which keeps the email server side and lets you continue to use webmail

When you have all the emails in your outlook, you can simply select all emails and copy and paste them to your flash drive if you wish. Or click file, export, and save as a pst file

First thing honestly, Id forward a copy of the lot to your outlook.com
Thats a quick and easy way to make sure you have got all your mail saved

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ok cool

I would do 2 things bg

I would select ALL the emails you want to keep and forward them to your outlook.com address

A rudimentary back up...

Then i would install outlook on one of your devices, a pc or laptop

In this instance, assuming you wont be paying talktalk to keep your emails accessible anymore setup an email in thunderbird or outlook using the POP3 settings here

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Email-settings-IMAP-amp-POP3/ta-p/2204399

THIS WILL DOWNLOAD THE EMAILS TO YOUR MACHINE AND REMOVE THEM FROM THE TALK TALK SERVER

Normally Imap is better option which keeps the email server side and lets you continue to use webmail

When you have all the emails in your outlook, you can simply select all emails and copy and paste them to your flash drive if you wish. Or click file, export, and save as a pst file

First thing honestly, Id forward a copy of the lot to your outlook.com
Thats a quick and easy way to make sure you have got all your mail saved

Thank you for the info and suggestion . Would that be better than downloading Thunderbird as previously suggested or even less complicated.for me.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I do have but he lives in Guildford and never uses anything other than his phone.as he does everything on that as it appears most of the younger people do. I dont think that he even owns a laptop or tablet.

Not a lot of difference really it a device using software to access the internet.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Can I come shopping with you? Couldn't be arsed to read the whole lot, I tried to help BG on several occasions in past. Never got any sort of thanks mate.

Ironically, I tried to do my MIL a favour and use her double up Sainsburys voucher before it runs out. Had to queue at Customer Services for 10 minutes as computer said no and they took her Nectar card hostage until I sorted it. Always joked at work that my motto is now Never do anything for anyone. Maybe I should stop joking! :smile:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thank you to everybody who offered advice . I have taken the advice given on here and installed Thunderbird. Will this keep the TalkTalk E mails even when they have closed my e mail address?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Has anyone thought that BG is really a technological whizz, and starts these threads, only to sit back and watch all chaos start ???

BG - Ben’s Grandad - Bill Gates - coincidence? Spooky!

Has anybody ever seen them in the same room together? I thought not!

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
BEB7AA6F-6CE4-44FB-9EB7-7F7675C20E7D.jpeg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes. If you set it up using pop3 settings not imap

When I set it up I did so using imap, so obviously clicked the wrong tag, so can I go into it and change it to Pop3?

ps Had a look and cannot see how to change it to Pop3 as no settings or similar displayed. Should I uninstall it and re-install it setting it to Pop3 rather than imap?

Last edited:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Not able to keep your emails that is Such a Shame, I am sure that you can find a solution, I believe in you but if there really is no way forward then you will just have to give it up.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
When I set it up I did so using imap, so obviously clicked the wrong tag, so can I go into it and change it to Pop3?

ps Had a look and cannot see how to change it to Pop3 as no settings or similar displayed. Should I uninstall it and re-install it setting it to Pop3 rather than imap?

You dont need to uninstall.
Add a new account POP3 then remove the IMAP one.
https://itstillworks.com/change-thunderbird-imap-pop-server-21837.html

You have forwarded all the mail to another account just in case yeah?
When you add the Pop3 it will download all your emails to your machine and may take some time to do that

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Great stuff. So when you log on to webmail now they may all be "gone". You can copy from your machine now straight to memory stick as well, in case your hard drive goes or anything. Which was your original plan anyway

[MENTION=1557]maffew[/MENTION]
I'm having a bit of trouble with my dongle - any ideas :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here