Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Talksport interview with ex footballer called Zaha

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
I dunno what the final tally was, but the sheer number of pens Palace got last season must've been some kind of Football League record.

[edit]

It was 15 penalties, of which 12 were scored (13 pens awareded at Selhurst). Plus another penalty in the Playoff final, so 16. A new record.

That beats Manchester Citys record of 15 set in 1971 (when Franny Lee was throwing himself all over the shop).

Possibly going to get beaten by Leicester this season, Christ they have had loads so far.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I thought he was talking about Zaha going to Newcastle instead of Cardiff and therefore ruining the potential Conway deal but by the look of it it's actually Saha that's being talked about. I'm quite confused now but that doesn't take a lot, unfortunately or maybe fortunately for me I haven't got Talk Sport on.

Lol! I like this thread, it's been fun!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I dunno what the final tally was, but the sheer number of pens Palace got last season must've been some kind of Football League record.

[edit]

It was 15 penalties, of which 12 were scored (13 pens awareded at Selhurst). Plus another penalty in the Playoff final, so 16. A new record.

That beats Manchester Citys record of 15 set in 1971 (when Franny Lee was throwing himself all over the shop).

I thought it was more than 15, 17 springs to mind, but if you've checked...

Leicester have had an awful lot this season, mostly for "fouls" on Jamie Vardy, so it seems. Nugent has scored some & missed some. They may well be on course to beat Palace's record.

Edit: Leicester have had fourteen penalties so far this season to date, and have missed three of them. They "won" penalties in five consecutive games in September-October. We're not even at the end of January yet, so who knows where Vardy's attempts will get them by May.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not really - given that Durham waged a media campaign against Zaha and Palace's diving, cheating and general conning of referees, last season.

Missed opportunity for Durham to hand Winnie a pair of Speedos worn by Tom Daley now that the interview is with Saha.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Leicester have had an awful lot this season, mostly for "fouls" on Jamie Vardy, so it seems. Nugent has scored some & missed some. They may well be on course to beat Palace's record.

Edit: Leicester have had fourteen penalties so far this season to date, and have missed three of them. They "won" penalties in five consecutive games in September-October. We're not even at the end of January yet, so who knows where Vardy's attempts will get them by May.

I googled it, so it must be right. Ahem.

I didn't realise Leicester were already on course to usurp that though. 14 pens in 27 games is an ASTONISHING stat. So Leicester have been awarded a penalty in MOST of their games this season.

Crazy days.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I googled it, so it must be right. Ahem.

I didn't realise Leicester were already on course to usurp that though. 14 pens in 27 games is an ASTONISHING stat. So Leicester have been awarded a penalty in MOST of their games this season.

Crazy days.

I think we had something like fourteen the season we won League One, in all honesty. The difference being, we probably missed half of them :)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

[edit]

So how many have we had?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Makes you wonder if the rumours with moyes daughter are true.

Zaha ripped us to shreds. Quality player but should have joined a mid tier prem side.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Zaha ripped us to shreds. Quality player but should have joined a mid tier prem side.

I always though Bolasie looked more dangerous across the four games last season. Zaha only stood out in one

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here