Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Talksport - about to be talking Brighton and Oscar shortly

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Crickey a sport station talking about tennis, who would have thought that, anybody whould have thought it was Wimbledon fortnight

I'm sorry but constant tennis coverage for 7 hours a day is tedious and bores me and besides, 5LIve is billed as a news AND sport station.

"Tell me *******, can Andy win Wimbledon this year ?" coming up later in the programme Can Andy Win Wimbledon This year....... looking ahead to tomorrow when we will be asking, Can Andy Win Wimbledon this year? If you enjoy that then it's all yours for 2 weeks.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Maccabi fans are "very very sorry to see him go" - "people were very disappointed"
People in Israel are pleased they'll be able to say that he started his career with them when in the future he is at a worldbeating team

On OGJ:
"He likes to rush things, likes to play up tempo. He's the type of manager that players just love"
"He's a guy that you wanna work with, that you wanna learn from"
Was one of the guys who as a player was never destined to be a star player but was destined to become a star manager

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
A 4 minute call of which half of it was about Paula Sousa taking over at Maccabi and u21 football

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Maccabi fans are "very very sorry to see him go" - "people were very disappointed"
People in Israel are pleased they'll be able to say that he started his career with them when in the future he is at a worldbeating team

On OGJ:
"He likes to rush things, likes to play up tempo. He's the type of manager that players just love"
Was one of the guys who as a player was never destined to be a star player but was destined to become a star manager

Excellent!!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I like the up tempo bit, with a slightly quicker passing game we will need some better passers in the team, that might give Barnes, Greer and Kaz a bit of a shock....

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

On OGJ:

I cannot wait to see this guy start making his mark on our team. I want to see us rampaging forward with Buckley and KLL razzing the flanks and Ulloa bagging for fun.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I like the up tempo bit, with a slightly quicker passing game we will need some better passers in the team, that might give Barnes, Greer and Kaz a bit of a shock....

We have the personnel to do this though. If you don't try and use Orlandi and Spanish Dave as wingers they can play centrally and move the ball around to devastating effect, leave the running and wings for Kaz and Buckley. The boy Bridcutt can play a little bit too and Ulloa is more than competent at give and go football.

As a side note, when Barnes returned after his second suspension I thought it was noticeable how his game had developed, the touches and the movement were starting to mirror our continental players.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't help thinking a bit of added pace throughout the team will do all our strikers the power of good.

Instinctive running and 'blindly' shooting favours them all, as opposed to ponderous build up and having to go looking for the ball.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Was that Journo Israeli or a Septic'? I know it's difficult to tell sometimes - especially when the bod in question opens up with the Macabi franchise & then follows it up with the dreaded 'S' word. :facepalm:

ps Sounds like the new guy's gonna be carrying on with the kind of football most of us have enjoyed so much in recent seasons. Good show. :clap2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
ps Sounds like the new guy's gonna be carrying on with the kind of football most of us have enjoyed so much in recent seasons. Good show. :clap2:
It sounds like the new guy's gonna be carrying on with the kind of football most of us have enjoyed so much in recent seasons and iron out the small wrinkles that were holding us back. Good show. :clap2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Barnes is more than capable of playing a quick passing game, I really hope Oscar takes to him. he has come on in leaps and bounds with his ball control and passing skills, if he can control the red mist he'll be one hell of a player imo. He has always had a good eye for goal and has a cracking shot on him from distance too.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
It sounds like the new guy's gonna be carrying on with the kind of football most of us have enjoyed so much in recent seasons and iron out the small wrinkles that were holding us back. Good show. :clap2:

Yep, that'd be even better. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here