Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Talk Talk broadband

daveyboy40

Feb 25, 2009
Have just been offered talk talk broadband and phone for £18.99!!has any of you guys got talk talk and if so what do you think of them?I have heard good and bad feedback,your comments would be apprecciated :)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Joined up about a year ago and have had no complaints so far. Our monthly bill for broadband and all telephone calls is always around the £22 mark.

mines about £34 because I have to pay for my broadband as BT lazy bastards won't un-bundle my exchange talktalk are otherwise great back-up has been good too

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If you have Sky TV then the best and cheapest option is to use their broadband too.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I use TalkTalk and the free international calls save a fortune. No complaints either.

daveyboy40

Feb 25, 2009
Cheers guys I think I will be using this forum for more advice!I have sky tv and broadband and phone at mo but they charge me £17.99 for broadband as they don't have exchange.and using talk talk will save me nearly a score a month,happy days!!!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I'm on TalkTalk and whilst the connection is reliable it can get slow at peak times, annoyingly.

Mine costs me £30 a month because I'm on the "I use the internet a LOT" package.

They're a fucker to deal with if you don't pay by Direct Debit though, as they don't make it easy.

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
I hate talk talk, ok if all goes well, but if there is a problem, no one wants to deal with it and you get fobbed off from department to department. No one takes responsibility for the problem.

Issue:

Billing
Broadband speeds
Line problems
Installation
Upgrades
Changing number
Deleting services

THEY ARE CRAP, Use O2 £7.95 pm for boradband, unlimited, no phone line thought.

If you want basic package for phone, go to Post Office, cheap line rental, cheap call packages, good customer service and only 3 month contract.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I have to agree that their customer service is a sodding nightmare sadly.

Used to have O2 broadband which was very good value for the quality of the service BUT they insisted you have a BT line so I was forced to leave when I fell out with BT.

However I understand they now offer their own line rental so you can cut out BT after all, and were I not now tied up with Talk Talk I'd definitely choose O2

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I did a speed test of my broadband service yesterday and found that my broadband (Virgin) was running at 60% of advertised speed. The testing software then showed my results for my area, that was very illuminating. While all Virgin customers were getting around 50 to 60%, Talk Talk and Sky were getting much, much lower. In fact, one poor sod was getting around 3% of his advertised speed. (I have an image of all the results but there appears to be no way of posting an image from my hard drive on NSC).

It might be worth investigating what performance you get in your area as if your neighbours are getting poor performance from a service provider, chances are that you will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here