Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Talk Sport Afternoon donated to the REMF - Auction Here

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Isn't this a prize for TWO people?

Without wishing to interfere with the right of the winner* to choose who accompanies him (or her) on to the airwaves ... is it not possible to take money for REMF from the TOP TWO bidders?

For example ... as things stand, El Pres coughs up £100 and Hiney pays £80, and they BOTH appear on the show.

* OK ... it completely WRECKS the winner's right to bring along a chum of choice. But does this matter?

People may already be bidding for two. I'd even thought of doing something similar but was waiting to see what figure the auction could reach.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have NO FRIENDS, so quite happy for another person to share the glory (which will probably involve making the tea for Hawksby and J) should I be successful.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That is why I felt it was a good idea. There are now loads of people on here, who UNINCUMBERED with the requirement to actually have 'a friend', can get involved.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
That is why I felt it was a good idea. There are now loads of people on here, who UNINCUMBERED with the requirement to actually have 'a friend', can get involved.

I was actually thinking of inviting 1066 Seagull as my 'friend', but I believe he is preoccupied downloading things from t'internet.

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
After thinking about this, I'm of the opinion that the prize should stay as it was originally intended, i.e. "the winner and a friend". Tough on the second highest bidder but that's what an auction is all about.

I know for a fact that Robyn and talkSPORT bent the rules and added the "and a friend" as a special favour to the REMF. Experience has shown that throwing two individuals who don't know each other into a live radio environment does not always work very well. The chemistry is lacking. Two friends, brothers, cousins, parent or child would work much better. I'm pretty sure that all posters on here have a football/sports-minded mate they could take along. Dont forget, the winner can still come on their own if they so wish.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If I win, can I ask my mate Hiney to come along, and perhaps he could make a spontaneous 'donation' to REMF at the same time?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Hiya,

Just to let you know in theory there's no problem with bidding for an individual place.

However experience has shown throwing two individuals who don't know each other into a live radio environment does not always work very well. The chemistry is lacking.

Two friends, brothers, cousins, parent or child would work much better.

Of course they can come on their own if they wish. It's normally only for one person we just bent the rules for you guys!

Rxx

Message from Robyn. I think it will work if the 2 people know each other and can banter. if we have 2 seperate people who are thrown in , ie top bidder and 2nd top bidder it will not work. So as it stands its ok but if it is not El Pres and Hiney the winning bidder should be allowed to invite whoever the know and want to come and not feel obliged to invite a stranger from NSC.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If I win, can I ask my mate Hiney to come along, and perhaps he could make a spontaneous 'donation' to REMF at the same time?

alternatively, you could up your bid to £180 to ensure you win, and Hiney could give you £80 as a spontaneous present?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
... which once safely trousered, you can ring Padders, and invite him :thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think this is all getting rather complicated. Can we just leave it that the winning bid will have a pass for 2 people and leave it to them who they invite ( if the 2nd prson wants to make an additonal donation to the REMf all good and well ).

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's okay, Hiney and I are former lovers, so know each other well, and we're both mods, so spend a lot of our time talking about NSC'ers behind their backs via our special MODPHONE, which is a bit like the Batphone, but projects an image of Mark McGhee into the sky instead of a bat.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
£ 125 El Pres so far, thought it would go for more.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
£130

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here