Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Talk Radio sack George Galloway.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
so you are agreeing with Galloway that a Tottenham win is effectively putting a Israel flag on the trophy. despite Spur's Jewish connection not being linked with the state? or maybe im missing something.

Nope, I dont agree with it effectively doing that at all, but Israeli flags were flown at the match? Yes or No?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Nope, I dont agree with it effectively doing that at all, but Israeli flags were flown at the match? Yes or No?

didnt watch that much, what does that have to do with teams and trophy. seems you want to make exactly the link you say doesnt exist. very odd.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
didnt watch that much, what does that have to do with teams and trophy. seems you want to make exactly the link you say doesnt exist. very odd.

because its the mostly likely reason that he said it.

and the reason he was sacked was ''Talkradio does not tolerate anti-Semitic views' ... and thats the point. It isnt anti semitic to be against the Israeli State. Its anti semitic when attacking jews and the faith.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What he said there is true though isnt it. You may not agree, but what he is saying is factually correct.

No it isn't.

The surrounding nations, that would not tolerate Jews on their land, are apartheid states. Fact.

And....FAFS. :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All of which has exactly WHAT to do with a Cup Final ?

It was a snide, pathetic tweet deliberately put out to cause offence. Glad that old gobshite windbag has been binned off, a richly deserved sacking.

This. In a chariot, with comfy upholstery, and grapes.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
because its the mostly likely reason that he said it.

and the reason he was sacked was ''Talkradio does not tolerate anti-Semitic views' ... and thats the point. It isnt anti semitic to be against the Israeli State. Its anti semitic when attacking jews and the faith.

and its pretty clear his comment was intended as that, as he had no other reason to make it. i think this is where i came in. he wanted to make a link, he lives by the outcome.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Would you like me to be the cat?

???

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No it isn't.

The surrounding nations, that would not tolerate Jews on their land, are apartheid states. Fact.

And....FAFS. :facepalm:

Quite. Although a point, well made, about the actions of the Israeli government is always welcome. Not in his context though. I'm not sure what he is trying to achieve.

The problem with folk like him is they play into the hands of those who wish to defend the Israeli government's unjustified actions. Much of what I have seen oft labelled as anti-Semitic isn't. I've seen some people banned from the Labour Party and I just don't get it. And then the debate is set back because it gets toxic on account of folk like him.

There is nothing wrong with displaying the Israeli flag, It is symbolic of its people- not it's government's actions.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
What on earth has the truth got to do with anything? It's all about how things can be twisted into being offensive, even if it wasn't meant that way.

But with George Galloway, I am sure it will have been intended as offensive.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Quite. Although a point, well made, about the actions of the Israeli government is always welcome. Not in his context though. I'm not sure what he is trying to achieve.

The problem with folk like him is they play into the hands of those who wish to defend the Israeli government's unjustified actions. Much of what I have seen oft labelled as anti-Semitic isn't. I've seen some people banned from the Labour Party and I just don't get it. And then the debate is set back because it gets toxic on account of folk like him.

Exactly. Like many friendly nations, Israel can do with a poke in the ribs from time to time. But from within the tent. Unfortunately there are those like twattaway whose basic premise is that Israel is an illegal state, so it it impossible to engage from that start point. And their pathetic emoting makes it harder for the rest of us to engage with Israel as a fierce friend.

Anyway, this was a football match. Tottenham Yids has all manner of meaning, none of which has anything to do with the health and wellbeing of the state of Israel. Only a fool would not know that. Only a very silly and partial fool would decide to make merry with it. And incidentally, as a Jewish Arsenal supporter I knew 30 years ago said to me "Arsenal has as many London Jewish supporters as Spurs". FFS!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Exactly. Like many friendly nations, Israel can do with a poke in the ribs from time to time. But from within the tent. Unfortunately there are those like twattaway whose basic premise is that Israel is an illegal state, so it it impossible to engage from that start point. And their pathetic emoting makes it harder for the rest of us to engage with Israel as a fierce friend.

Anyway, this was a football match. Tottenham Yids has all manner of meaning, none of which has anything to do with the health and wellbeing of the state of Israel. Only a fool would not know that. Only a very silly and partial fool would decide to make merry with it. And incidentally, as a Jewish Arsenal supporter I knew 30 years ago said to me "Arsenal has as many London Jewish supporters as Spurs". FFS!

I should imagine we have a few too. I think Brighton & Hove has always had a large Jewish community.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Because the flag of the State Of Israel, is also abhorrent to many Jews. The States governments, have practiced genocide, apartheid,
the use of banned weapons and ignored hundreds of UN resolutions. To cloud the argument with that states flag, and what the Jewish
faith and Jewish support from the Tottenham community going back decades, is wrong, so really, Galloway is right.
Yes..Agreed. But you haven't answered beorhthelm's question. Why conflate an English team which historically enjoys support from the Jewish community with the state of Israel? Do you think if Spurs had won they really would have draped an Israeli flag on the Cup? Some of their fans may indeed be Israel-supporting Jews, just as some Chelsea fans are racist scumbags. That doesn't make Chelsea FC a supporter of racist scumbags any more than Tottenham FC support Israel.

PS - And I speak as a big fan of George Galloway as he dispels the myth that all Brexiteers are right-wing.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Flying that flag causes offence also to people who do not like governments oppressing the people of that land. It didnt cause some people offence at all. Depends how you feel about a State committing apartheid, stealing land, and ignoring the UN.

I didn't see anybody at the Final flying that flag. And even if they were, it would not have been draped across the Cup would it.

Galloway was just being a provocative prick. Probably thought he was being "edgy". And he lost his job over it.

Excellent.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Ah, Galloway. A man who despises the state of Israel for persecuting Palestinians but who was best buddies with Saddam Hussein whose favourite hobby was gassing Kurds....

The whole Israel/Palestine debate is a handy cause célèbre for those who wish to have their anti-Semitic prejudices reinforced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here