Tal Ben-Haim - what a cock

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's moments like these when I'm disappointed that we haven't got "spits tea across room" or "laughs so hard coffee comes out of nose" emoticons.

spitcoffee.gif

spit.gif

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Not sure what your all moaning about if PFC were mad enough to give him 36k in the 1st place it is hardly his fault.... would any of you see your wages cut by 75% probably not

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Interview on ssn with Ben Haim
-Claims he is already owed 2.5m
-Deal reached with the first administrator in 5mins, this time it's difficult because birch will talk to them, then disappear for a couple of months
-Says birch has forgotten he has to do the deal with the player, not with the press
-[on chanrai's comments that the deal rests on the players] we're not in this situation because of the players, but because of the owners. Doesn't know if it's chanrai or the owners befre him that are responsible for the 250m, but it was the owners, we [the players] signed a contract with good faith
-we want the club to survive but you have to talk with us, not the press
-reluctant to put a figure on how much he's lost, but it's over 2, 2.5m, and is prepared to lose more to help the club survive, on the other hand even even the administrator - his fee is not less than what I earn, nobody talks about that. I'm prepared to lose more, but he'd have to cut his fees as well.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
-Deal reached with the first administrator in 5mins, this time it's difficult because birch will talk to them, then disappear for a couple of months.

Maybe TBH should get Pini Zahavi to use a phone if he wants to talk - I believe many football agents own them. Birch answered my call on the first ring.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I don't blame the player's at all. Portsmouth offered them the contracts. Seriously would anyone on here just say "ok I will take a £20k a week pay cut"......NO, no they wouldn't and if they say they would I suggest they are full of shit.

I have no idea what I'd do, but imagining myself turning out for a football club, in front of fans who are pleading with me to take a paycut, in League One, knowing that everyone else is being paid at most a 7th of what I'd be on..... well, it'd cross my mind to work something out.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
-Deal reached with the first administrator in 5mins, this time it's difficult because birch will talk to them, then disappear for a couple of months
-Says birch has forgotten he has to do the deal with the player, not with the press
-[on chanrai's comments that the deal rests on the players] we're not in this situation because of the players, but because of the owners. Doesn't know if it's chanrai or the owners befre him that are responsible for the 250m, but it was the owners, we [the players] signed a contract with good faith
-we want the club to survive but you have to talk with us, not the press
-reluctant to put a figure on how much he's lost, but it's over 2, 2.5m, and is prepared to lose more to help the club survive, on the other hand even even the administrator - his fee is not less than what I earn, nobody talks about that. I'm prepared to lose more, but he'd have to cut his fees as well.

For a cock he sounds like a very astute young man to me :thumbsup:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
I have no idea what I'd do, but imagining myself turning out for a football club, in front of fans who are pleading with me to take a paycut, in League One, knowing that everyone else is being paid at most a 7th of what I'd be on..... well, it'd cross my mind to work something out.

If I had based my standard of lving on this wage (mortgage) etc than no I would not accept my wages being cut.
TBF thow would you need a mortgage on 36k a week?

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
If I had based my standard of lving on this wage (mortgage) etc than no I would not accept my wages being cut.
TBF thow would you need a mortgage on 36k a week?

Exactly! I appreciate that he's been promised a certain amount, that it's a matter of principle etc etc, but if circumstances change SO drastically? And really, like you say, no one can have a lifestyle that demands that much regular income, can they? Not after years of professional footballing?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The income he derives from being a professional footballer has to possibly last him 50 years after hanging his boots up. Interesting to note that the administrator's weekly fee is equal to or more than TBH's weekly wage packet.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
The income he derives from being a professional footballer has to possibly last him 50 years after hanging his boots up. Interesting to note that the administrator's weekly fee is equal to or more than TBH's weekly wage packet.

Exactly having been through a liquidation recently the biggest earner was PWC (administrator) for quite frankly doing F**K all.

V

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Brinkmanship it certainly is and to a degree both sides are playing it with Birch and Chanrai on one side and the players on the other.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

If Portsmouth play in League One this season it will probably be because Ben Haim has done a deal or buggered off.

Agent_Torpor

May 1, 2009
Not his problem. Ridiculous notion of honourably saving the club aside, this sets a dangerous precedent re: contractual employment and what constitutes valid assumption of debts thereof.

Besides, i highly doubt the players have any say regardless. Everything's leveraged through agents and third party representation anyway.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It's a bit difficult to save sympathy for Pompey when of the seven players they haven't moved on, one they bought for £1.5m less than a year ago and two of them are on £20k pw signed after they said they'd never pay more than £10k pw. You could argue their first trip to Admin was unlucky but they've clearly not learned anything

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports