Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taking your own nibbles to the Amex

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Now, l like oxtail soup, and absolutely love mulligatawny ... but mixed together?, l'm not so sure.

It gives it a curried beef taste. I read on here about someone taking hot dogs in a flask, not sure if it was serious or a joke bit am going to try it at home cook some up and put them ina flask for 2-3 hours. If still hot ok if not put them in the micro to use them up and scrap the idea. An old friend of mine in every sense of the word bought a burger and it looked awful and he said tasted it, the worst he had ever had.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It gives it a curried beef taste. I read on here about someone taking hot dogs in a flask, not sure if it was serious or a joke bit am going to try it at home cook some up and put them ina flask for 2-3 hours. If still hot ok if not put them in the micro to use them up and scrap the idea.

Might need to use the flask like those hotdog stands where the sausages are kept in warm brine.

P.S

Jun 23, 2011
Lancing
I take a backpack full with crisps, drinks, sweets etc into the north every game. No one has ever said anything about it and the bag is searched when I enter.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Sandwich
Sausage Roll
Pork Pie
2* Pepsi Max
2* 7 Up

Are you a fat old boy? :D

No have lost 3.5st in the last 6 months now down to 19st 1lb.

The 2 pepsi max are for me, no points. The 7 up for my brother in law who because of his disability can only drink very weak shandy so a bottle goes into a pint glass and he has some of my sons lager to colour it and make it look like shandy. The other one he has at half time The sandwich OR Pork Pie OR Sausage Roll.

Is that explained and Ok

If you're not fat at 19st, you must be bloody tall!!!

I'm surprised I haven't noticed you around The Amex.

Just used BMI Calc, you need to be at lest 7'3" to be 'normal weight' at 19st 1

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
It gives it a curried beef taste. I read on here about someone taking hot dogs in a flask, not sure if it was serious or a joke bit am going to try it at home cook some up and put them ina flask for 2-3 hours. If still hot ok if not put them in the micro to use them up and scrap the idea. An old friend of mine in every sense of the word bought a burger and it looked awful and he said tasted it, the worst he had ever had.
No joke mate, I make them up about 12ish and they're still hot at HT. I recommend a flask with a wide neck as they can be difficult to get out sometimes. :thumbsup:

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
How the hell are we going to make up the 8 million with fans like you:facepalm:

I'm not 100% sure but I think Sodexo pay the club a set figure for the catering in the ground. What they sell, or don't as the case may be, affects their profit, not the club's.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I'm not 100% sure but I think Sodexo pay the club a set figure for the catering in the ground. What they sell, or don't as the case may be, affects their profit, not the club's.

I can imagine BG sitting there getting there thumbling around trying to flap his sausage out while his mate hold his buns open

edit: Was meant to have quoted @albie_noobs

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am 6ft 1in nearly 70 years old and weighed just over 22.5 stone then I decided to go on weight watchers who have set my targret weight at 16.5 stone so we are work in progress. According to the BMI rubbish I should be about 13.5 stone, think, which I havent been since my early 20s.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Due to new FFP rules I will be continuing to look for ways of improving my service, becoming more efficient, and, wherever possible, reducing my costs. I will also be trying to improve my revenue streams. This, obviously, means certain cutbacks including food and drink at games.

LOL. like the cut of your jib sir

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

I must admit heinz mulligatawny mixed with heinz vegtable is fantastic for cold nights. However, not taking the piss but do you really need to bring food for a 90 minute game of football. Do understand that the Amex food ain't great and tbh rarely have any food just a beer but I don't feel the need to have to eat at half time. Just wondering why you don't eat before or after? Well done on the weight loss by the way!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Happy if I can get a chicken pie now and then. I once took a flask of leek and spud soup in for a warmer. Don't really see the football as an opportunity to eat though, happy to wait til I get home or to the pub. Maybe if I had kids i'd take summat cos they balways seem to be whinging on for treats.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Oh, to the guys trying to lose weight check out the program "The people that made us thin". Ep 1 is on BBCiplayer now. It won't make you feel good but it will ultimately help. They did the calculations for Weight Watchers something like 16 people in every 10,000 keep the weight off. The former CEO of WW said "the reason it's a great business is because it doesn't work. If it worked we wouldn't have a business".

Happy if I can get a chicken pie now and then. I once took a flask of leek and spud soup in for a warmer. Don't really see the football as an opportunity to eat though, happy to wait til I get home or to the pub. Maybe if I had kids i'd take summat cos they balways seem to be whinging on for treats.

If you had kids you would have to take the nibbles to games???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here