Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Takeaway for Christmas dinner

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Other half has got stuck working all day tomorrow. Merry Christmas! We had curry from Mahal on Portland Road a couple of years back. Very good. Anyone else had takeaways on Xmas day? Anyone know which ones (Chinese or Indian) are open tomorrow?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Friend of mine has a curry delivered every Xmas Eve, and heats it up for dinner on the big day.

Sorry, can’t advise on deliveries tomorrow.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Had a nice Xmas walk along the seafront and picked up from Ashoka on way back one Xmas. Would happily do so again but in laws brains would explode if mentioned.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The closest l have come, is on Boxing Day a good few years ago now, fed up to the back teeth with feeling all turkey'd out the previous day, we thought we'd go inbto Horsham in search of a Chinese takeaway.

It turned out that although you can buy a Chinese or Indian take out pretty much every day you choose, the town's Chinese and Indian takeway owners all came together and agreed to close every Boxing Day.

About the only establishment open was Domino's Pizza, so the missus and l drove home, and made cheese on toast, which isn't too dissimilar to pizza come to think about it.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I would have an Indian curry every day, bloody love it.
I had one last night and also got some saffron rice and Bombay pots to accompany the Indian roast leg of lamb I am cooking today.
The BBQ oven is big enough to roast this along with a chicken and a ham joint at the same time.
I know which one I will be demolishing though.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I would have an Indian curry every day, bloody love it.
I had one last night and also got some saffron rice and Bombay pots to accompany the Indian roast leg of lamb I am cooking today.
The BBQ oven is big enough to roast this along with a chicken and a ham joint at the same time.
I know which one I will be demolishing though.
Should be about ready to tuck in about now shouldn't you? it's lunchtime on Chrissy day down under. Enjoy!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Should be about ready to tuck in about now shouldn't you? it's lunchtime on Chrissy day down under. Enjoy!
Only 7.30am here in WA.
Still lying in bed, on phone.
Wife fussing around, me low profile.
Roasts go on at 11am and will take about 2 and a half hours.
Lunch at 1pm.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Currently getting ready to walk the dogs, but then will be off to an Indian for lunch since Mrs works at the hospital every Christmas Day (so gets NYE off). Will hopefully manage a nap after and then be time to start the Roast ready for 13 adults at Dinner Time and rather a few drinks.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Takeaway on xmas day is a bit sad, rather just cook something simple and get to Boxing day which is my favourite day - all the racing and football - happy days
I’d say cooking something simple is a bit sad, imagine an omelette or chicken nuggets on Christmas Day, treat yourself have a takeaway let someone else do they work, that’s living, not having some crap boring meal.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Work colleague has all his family round on Christmas Day and they order from Prithi Raj in Lancing every year !
he swears by it, no washing up etc….

not so sure myself, i like the cooking and mess, it’s a certain satisfying level of accomplishment.
Coffee, presents, walk, alcohol, cooking, alcohol, washing up, alcohol, Christmas movies “Elf and then Elvis” alcohol, music, spirit’s, bed…..

Jebus would be proud

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here