Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taj Foods in administration

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
The Taj family have made an absolute fortune from their stores, so it would suggest that there was sufficient demand. However, I would imagine that they are not able to compete with the large supermarkets when it comes to belt tightening. You can't compete with stores that are happy to make a loss of a whole host of products when they house practically everything you could possibly need.

There obviously was sufficient demand when the economy was buoyant.

Top posting BoF.

Actually, I wonder if their expansion from 2 to 3 shops has been their downfall (if they are actually in financial trouble)? As countless other businesses have learned to their cost, a sharp & unexpected downturn in the economy can play havoc with their sustainable viability.

D

Deleted User X18H

So HB&B was telling tales?

Oh, hang on...

I said the the Manager of the Old Steine branch had denied it. Not the Manging Director (who lives near me actually)

Is it possible that sometimes when you post a third party is dictating to you what to say........and when they're not around you give it a :facepalm:?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I said the the Manager of the Old Steine branch had denied it. Not the Manging Director (who lives near me actually)

Is it possible that sometimes when you post a third party is dictating to you what to say........and when they're not around you give it a :facepalm:?

I don't give a shit how far up the chain someone is. You still saw fit to post someone from the company's utterings on here.

As for people telling me what to post, I think you'll find I'm capable of free thought. So do stop your grizzling once in a while, Tiddles.

D

Deleted User X18H

I don't give a shit how far up the chain someone is. You still saw fit to post someone from the company's utterings on here.

As for people telling me what to post, I think you'll find I'm capable of free thought. So do stop your grizzling once in a while, Tiddles.

They're obviously there at the moment!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Brighton's Taj stores 'have issues'

Rumours that Brighton’s much-loved Taj Grocers stores have gone bust are not true, its management says – but its parent company is having “issues”.

Over the last day, rumours have spread over Twitter and the Albion forum North Stand Chat that the chain has gone into administration. The stores, in St James’s Street and Western Road are open today and management says they are “fine” – but its parent company AAN International is experiencing some problems.

Taj Natural Foods manager Shahid Khan told the News: “Our parent company is having some issues but as far as Taj Natural Foods and the stores are concerned, we are carrying on normal and remaining open. The first store opened in Western Road in May 2005, selling a combination of organic and middle eastern foodstuffs. It opened the St James’s Street store in June 2007.

Did you put that story up?

D

Deleted User X18H

No! I just discussing the the 'leads' with the editor.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here