Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tactics

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I understand what you say, but Barnes was taken off with 6 minutes left and if you listen to the OG interview after the game, OG does not sound convinced new strikers will be in place by Yeovil. Barnes in the team at Yeovil is most important, as he is more likely to score the winner there than getting two goals in 6 minutes last night.

Perhaps Barnes needed to get away before the final whistle like half the crowd.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I understand what you say, but Barnes was taken off with 6 minutes left and if you listen to the OG interview after the game, OG does not sound convinced new strikers will be in place by Yeovil. Barnes in the team at Yeovil is most important, as he is more likely to score the winner there than getting two goals in 6 minutes last night.

listen to the the tony bloom paul barber interview and u get the possibility of 2 players in by yeovil ...so who knows lol

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We are trying to pass through the middle, (Barca style) it came off a couple of times but unfortunately we squandered the chances. Not wanting to sound harsh but we don't have the quality to pull this off at the moment. I've heard a couple of Oscar signings will hopefully be here in January.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not as mad as leaving him on, he was totally crap again yesterday. Garcia has dropped Barnes every chance he has had and subbed him in every game when he had no choice but to play him, due to him being the only fit striker. I think it's fair to say Garcia has Barnes's number. But what can he do??? His hands are tied, he has nothing to work with up front. Feel a bit sorry for him really.

How about giving him some decent service? Marked by two large dominating CB's, we manage to provide him with floated, chipped crosses, when he obviously needs balls to his feet. Oscar subbing him with George Barker is madness, if Barnes was never going to win anything, Barker certainly wasn't.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We are trying to pass through the middle, (Barca style) it came off a couple of times but unfortunately we squandered the chances. Not wanting to sound harsh but we don't have the quality to pull this off at the moment. I've heard a couple of Oscar signings will hopefully be here in January.

Which is completely the wrong tactic against 10 men, as discussed in another thread.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Barnes could still be there now trying to connect with the high balls played into him, and not manage it ! Think FB was referring to the possibility of him throwing a tantrum and seeing red.

Correct, Barnes had more chance of seeing red than hitting the back of the net twice in 6 minutes.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I must admit the striker problem has baffled me. Most teams have 4 strikers, Brighton knew at the beginning of the season that CMS would be out for a long time, virtually over a third of the season. A safe bet that Hoskins will probably not play, at least at this standard again. So we were left with two strikers and development players that are not ready for the Championship. I was amazed when Conway was brought in as we seem to have cover in that position, especially when the injured get back.
We need a striker.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I must admit the striker problem has baffled me. Most teams have 4 strikers, Brighton knew at the beginning of the season that CMS would be out for a long time, virtually over a third of the season. A safe bet that Hoskins will probably not play, at least at this standard again. So we were left with two strikers and development players that are not ready for the Championship. I was amazed when Conway was brought in as we seem to have cover in that position, especially when the injured get back.
We need a striker.

Everyone else can see that but it looks as if the club can't, or won't, do anything about it.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Barnes always looks more dangerous coming of the bench for 20 mins, Carlton Cole is there for the taking get him in for three months.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Everyone else can see that but it looks as if the club can't, or won't, do anything about it.

Just baffling to me. We brought in new midfielders, not knowing there would be injuries, yet knew about the striker situation, and seemed to ignore it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here