Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tactics used against Dion Dublin

Oct 13, 2003
The back of beyond
Why did we persist in hitting the high ball up to Virgs and McCammon when Dion Dublin was winning just about every header? Dublin is clearly short of pace these days but for some reason we didn't try to exploit this.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
J Livingstone Seagull said:
Why did we persist in hitting the high ball up to Virgs and McCammon when Dion Dublin was winning just about every header? Dublin is clearly short of pace these days but for some reason we didn't try to exploit this.

I was thinking the same thing. I would of tried to do alot of through balls because Dublin might of not kept up with the pace of Virgs or Big Mac.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Re: Re: Tactics used against Dion Dublin

brightonfan_86 said:
I was thinking the same thing. I would of tried to do alot of through balls because Dublin might of not kept up with the pace of Virgs or Big Mac.

We looked a better threat when Jake came on and we started putting through balls on the ground.

We got two penalties from balls hit through to Big Mac in the first half.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Dublin had a good game. I wish we had him.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I quite agree, Robinson changed the game if you ask me, which you didn't. :p

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Dublin was solid today, don't think he missed a header.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
We got two penalties from balls hit through to Big Mac in the first half.

we did?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Cannot understand why MM persisted with McCammon and Virgo up front when aftera couple of minutes it was obvious that Virgo wasn't going to win anything against Dublin.

Please Mr McGhee put Virgo back in defence instead of that donkey Dolan and play Robinson from the start at Burnley and at least give usa chance of gaining one or more points.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The Great Cornholio said:
Agreed. But pace?
Once he builds up some momentum he's quite quick. Like a trolley pushed down a hill.

We should've taken advanatage of his lack of pace though,we did the same against Sonko of Reading and he's SHIT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here