Votes: 64 52.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tactical voting shows how weak these particular parties are.

That statement makes no sense (unless you mistakenly believe that it only works one way).

Just as there will be Labour supporters voting LibDem in Tory/LibDem marginals, there will be Tory supporters voting LibDem in others.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Voting LD for the first time in my life just to stop the Tories winning here....I feel a bit dirty to be honest :down:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I've deliberately set out to spoil my voting paper more than once in the past too. People tell me that I have wasted my vote, but I think in doing so, it is making the biggest statement of all.

I agree. Still thinking about doing the same but I really want our MP out and I live in a marginal.
I wish there was a huge groundswell not to vote and teach them all a lesson that we are sick of British politics and we want some decent MP's that actually do put the country first and really are fair, or as fair as they can be, to everyone.
None of them really deserve my time.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So half on here are voting tactically, a lot higher that you'd expect even by NSC standards. Progressive minds....

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
With our outdated system of first past the post, there's been a lot of talk about strategic or tactical voting. Almost all of it directed towards an anti-Tory vote

It worked for Justin Turdeau in Canada 2 years ago, will it really come into play here? Plenty of 2 horse races around the country...

Apart from all the Kippers now voting Tory.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I have done this once before. I voted LibDem to "keep the Tories out".

The LibDem won, and soon my vote was turned to a Tory one, as Cleggy became Cameron's poodle and a national joke at the same time.

So not for me, ever again.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

The LibDem won, and soon my vote was turned to a Tory one, as Cleggy became Cameron's poodle and a national joke at the same time.

Cleggy had a big influence and moderated the Tories, that did for me

Look at the difference now the Tories have been left to their own devices, what a mess we're in

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Cleggy had a big influence and moderated the Tories, that did for me

Look at the difference now the Tories have been left to their own devices, what a mess we're in

Yes, sorry LibDems. Throughout the coalition you stuck to your guns. Take tuition fees. Nobly at the ramparts the LibDems ...err..legged it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Personally I have just voted to give them another chance. I like their two key policies (Brexit vote, penny rise in income tax).

Your post suggests you are unaware that this time they have categorically stated they won't be part of a coalition government again. They will choose to stay in opposition to hold a minority government to account if that is the choice.

I'm fairly sure this is out of self preservation - the nation slaughtered them last time round for forming a government, and it's going to take decades for them to regain trust with many potential voters. But to their credit, they appear to have learned the lesson that as minority partners, they'd have everything to lose when the next election comes round.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
With our outdated system of first past the post, there's been a lot of talk about strategic or tactical voting. Almost all of it directed towards an anti-Tory vote

Have you seen the front page of today's Daily Mail?

"Your guide to tactical voting to boost the Tory Party"

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
The Conservative campaign has got to be the most negative of any
party that I can remember in my lifetime, with the constant criticism of
Corbyn, Abbot, the Coalition of chaos etc etc so I feel no guilt in
abandoning my Labour past to vote for Stephen Lloyd (Lib Dem) which
Ties in nicely with my opinion that Corbyn although probably a decent
human being is a politician I just cannot vote for. The best outcome in my
opinion would be a hung parliament where the ruling parties are forced to
act in the best interests of the country and people rather then their own
selfish party interests.

Right, I got my wish and a hung parliament is the outcome, Now why can't all these politicians put self interest to one side and deliver what the people want, to work with each other to rule and govern our country for the people in the best interests of the people with the future wellbeing and stability of our country being the foremost consideration for the full five years as the statute introduced by the Tory/LibDem pact states it should. Never mind running to the country at the first sign of difficulty or to feather their own nests as May cynically did which was seen through by the electorate as being just that, a cynical move to take advantage of the massive lead the Conservative held. Now let them all act in the National interest for the full term.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here