Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Taco Bell

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Del Taco beats Taco Bell for cheap fast food tacos in California. They're everywhere

Also In n Out Burger is a fantastic cheap burger place - streets ahead of McD

and Super Duper Burger as a gourmet burger joint - fantastic

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Not sure anyone is suggesting otherwise. I'd long been surprised that Taco Bell, or another company, hadn't brought that food to the UK.

I guess we now have Wahaca at the casual dining step-up-from-fast-food level. Taco Bell's rollout in the UK seems to be pretty slow-paced still.

I love taco bell, Mexican food in general and hard shell tacos. It's about the crunch, I'm the same with most foods.
With regard the rollout, I looked into a taco bell franchise when there was only 1 in the country, in London. I thought it would be perfect in Brighton and make a fortune but you need a minimum of £250,000 to start a franchise. I wasn't keen on risking my house to get one.

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
Del Taco beats Taco Bell for cheap fast food tacos in California. They're everywhere

Also In n Out Burger is a fantastic cheap burger place - streets ahead of McD

and Super Duper Burger as a gourmet burger joint - fantastic

Excellent, I've added Del Taco to my list of budget options when I go to California later this year.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
La Choza is just down the road isn't it?

Yes. It is. Luckily I am on that scheme where you are allowed to go into multiple restaurants. I used to be on the old package where you pick one restaurant and have to stick with that but I upgraded.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Yes. It is. Luckily I am on that scheme where you are allowed to go into multiple restaurants. I used to be on the old package where you pick one restaurant and have to stick with that but I upgraded.

haha! Fair.

I'm a total snob so feel I have to stick my nose in to these things.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
haha! Fair.

I'm a total snob so feel I have to stick my nose in to these things.

Ha! All good. There are many better Mexican places than Taco Bell but for cheapo, quick and filling, it does a job. It’s not bad. It’s not great.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Not sure anyone is suggesting otherwise. I'd long been surprised that Taco Bell, or another company, hadn't brought that food to the UK.

I guess we now have Wahaca at the casual dining step-up-from-fast-food level. Taco Bell's rollout in the UK seems to be pretty slow-paced still.

I've actually been looking at the possibility of a Taco Bell franchise! A company has bought the Master Franchise for the South and South-West areas and is rolling out the stores in what they consider to the the prime areas. Once they've done that, they're considering taking on franchisees for the outlying areas.

I never got why they haven't caught on here as we always follow the Americans with food choices.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Didn’t like Wagamama tbh, dishes don’t turn up in order hardly any duck just seemed expensive for 90% rice and noodles.

Tried Wagamamas a couple of times, found a rice dish that was reasonably palatable, I chucked up the stuff I had there first time, it was some kind of soup/broth but looked like a Sumo wrestler had boiled his loincloth up in it.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
My sons girlfriend worked there for 6 months and I can tell you that behind the scenes it was a shambles and they had to close it down and refurbish the place because it was a hazard. It’s not much better now so coupled with the shocking working conditions, I’d never eat there in a million years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
My sons girlfriend worked there for 6 months and I can tell you that behind the scenes it was a shambles and they had to close it down and refurbish the place because it was a hazard. It’s not much better now so coupled with the shocking working conditions, I’d never eat there in a million years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps it was her fault? :)

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If you think of it as fast food then it's WAY superior to other options.

Good value, solid fare and sometimes exactly what craving. We have a few branches over here but sadly quite a trek from where I live so it's a very occasional indulgence.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I bloody love them! But never been to one..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here