Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] T20 Finals Day

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
Today is T20 finals day. No Sussex though.

I've been to two finals days involving Sussex; the first was a great day as we went through to the final and won. The second was a miserable affair because we were involved in the first semi-final and lost. Our coachload sat through the first few overs of the second semi before heading back to the south coast.

Two semis and the final on one day is a very long day and the fans of the losing semis lose interest.

Personally I think there should be a semi finals day.

The finals day could be the men's and the women's final. Much better I think.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I recorded the final to watch faux-live later. Just finished. Good cricket wicket for these types of games. Needed intelligent cricket rather than the kiss-me-quick flat tops. Really enjoyable for a traditionalist fart like me. Somerset have real quality in their attack. Much deserved.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Two posts. Just shows how popular this Benidorm cricket is

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just got home from it. Great day out as usual, rain breaks weren’t too bad in the end. Somerset deserved winners, easily the best team on the day overall. Some good intelligent cricket played - quite happy to watch T20 without 250 runs being blasted every innings and to see the bowlers being able to influence the game.

A day in the Hollies stand on finals day is an experience not to miss. Absolute carnage :drink: :drink: :laugh:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Was out all yesterday so didn't catch any of it.
But any day in which both Hampshire and Surrey lose can't be bad.
Went a couple of years ago when we were knocked out in the semi final and Kent won. Really good day out.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Just got home from it. Great day out as usual, rain breaks weren’t too bad in the end. Somerset deserved winners, easily the best team on the day overall. Some good intelligent cricket played - quite happy to watch T20 without 250 runs being blasted every innings and to see the bowlers being able to influence the game.

A day in the Hollies stand on finals day is an experience not to miss. Absolute carnage :drink: :drink: :laugh:
I thought cricket was meant to be the sport of gentlemen.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Missed the final but watched both semis. Definitely better to watch as a neutral (insofar as you ever can be neutral while wanting a team to lose in both games).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Only watched on the TV but we obviously loved it down here :clap:... and what a way to win it:

I’m a bit Sussex now but was brought up not far from Taunton and spent hours watching the likes of Richards, Botham and Garner with my mates so very happy with a Somerset win :clap:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Only watched on the TV but we obviously loved it down here :clap:... and what a way to win it:

I was watching at about 2am as if live. Such a joy to have recording facilities on TV these days. I'm quite serene when watching sport but even I let a 'Oh, what a SPLENDID take' then worried I'd woken up the Magpies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here