Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Syria and Russia

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You have an overinflated view of yourself.

Claims to bring the TRUTH -- check
Dodges the TRUTH when probed on it -- check
Narcissism -- check

You remind us of your great leader

Sense of humour by-pass - check

Speaking of Narcissism (apologies if your suffering from multiple personality disorder) Who is this 'us' you speak of?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The White helmets are just as bad.

Meant to pick up on this the other day but the thread sank and I forgot. All the reports I've seen - written and TV - the White Helmets are shown as local volunteers rescuing people from the indiscriminate bombing. Since when have they been killing people ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I have no problem with Russia hosting the World Cup at all. Afterall, Russia has a strong football history and culture. Politics really shouldn't matter when it comes to football.

Qatar however, it screams bribery and corruption. Zero football history or culture. It shouldn't have been awarded as host for numerous reasons beyond that, but it also should have been stripped of it the moment it became clear that migrants were being used as slaves and literally dying, constructing stadia for this competition.

I do. Persecution of people - gay people for example - isn't politics, it's immoral.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
have no problem with Russia hosting the World Cup at all. Afterall, Russia has a strong football history and culture. Politics really shouldn't matter when it comes to football.

That’s what we thought at the Olympics in 1936.....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If comrade Corbyn is ever elected Putins tanks will probably be rolling down the Mall.

Interesting............ Following the amazing success of Project Fear in influencing the voters in the recent referendum, the same tactic is now going to be used for the next General Election?

Good luck with that one! :lol:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Sense of humour by-pass - check

Speaking of Narcissism (apologies if your suffering from multiple personality disorder) Who is this 'us' you speak of?

Your self-inflated view of yourself also includes thinking of yourself as a comedian. I have a sense of humour, but your previous post wasn't comedic.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I think it's a reference to the black/white version of events out there which is disingenuous at best. The anti-Assad bunch included ISIS and a number of other very unsavoury groups. One of the big problems from the outset was that any support against Assad would involve allying with the more nefarious elements, factions you'd almost certainly be fighting assuming you won. This was a big problem in creating a united anti-Assad force.

Russia's involvement was brutal, if a group used a hospital as a base the Russians didn't give a hoot. This is part of the reason they were able to erode ISIS so quickly in the region. The media's current polarisation doesn't help things, the 'rebels' aren't all the nice chaps from Star Wars, many are groups/factions as extreme as ISIS.

Assad and Putin are currently winning comprehensively and using the same tactics they always have. It's highly unpleasant and most likely to be categorised as war crimes, but we need to be a bit more honest about who the rebels are. The poor lot caught up in this are paying the price, we need our media to want to engage with the complexities of it all a bit more.

Point being - village/city destroyed which had ISIS in it (e.g. Mosul). Little focus on civilian casualties, lots on the defeat of ISIS.
village/city with 'rebels' in it, no focus on the rebels and who they are, lots of focus on civilian casualties. Difference is our allies did the former whereas it's Putin/Assad doing the latter.

Thank you for a very clear and balanced post [IMO] on a very complex subject.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Your self-inflated view of yourself also includes thinking of yourself as a comedian. I have a sense of humour, but your previous post wasn't comedic.

You certainly hide it well but maybe you do have one. The 'self-inflated view' criticism from someone who thinks he speaks for others and has your username .... is mildly amusing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here