Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Sycamore Gap Tree

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Surely equipment to take the tree down was obtained by an adult? Used to take me ages to carve anything into a tree with my pen knife!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Surely equipment to take the tree down was obtained by an adult? Used to take me ages to carve anything into a tree with my pen knife!
A Japanese hand-held draw-saw could have had the tree down in under a minute. A mate of mine has a set. They are absolutely breathtaking.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Capability brown used to replant huge forests in country homes, back in the 19th century….so I would have thought that we could dig up and plant another sycamore.

the perpetrators of this crime against nature ( and I am sure it was not just this 16year old) should be publicly flogged and then hung, drawn and quartered and their bits scattered around Selhurst park!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Capability brown used to replant huge forests in country homes, back in the 19th century….so I would have thought that we could dig up and plant another sycamore.

the perpetrators of this crime against nature ( and I am sure it was not just this 16year old) should be publicly flogged and then hung, drawn and quartered and their bits scattered around Selhurst park!
This is my thought too but it is a harsh environment there and there are not many other trees in the area. Got to be worth a try though. I suspect that they would not be able to put it as close to the wall though.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The sentence should fit the crime, so 300 years of replanting saplings after an apprenticeship served under @LamieRobertson to make sure he gets it right :wink:

Of course it was never a 16 year old on their own. This would take more than one complete adolescent wanker. There will be another older useless c**** :wanker:
Who owns the chainsaw

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I'm not sure if this is another of your bizarre attempts at humour or what.

Very strange.
Just repeating what I heard on the wireless this afternoon.

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
I'd suggest people reign in the hate filled rhetoric towards this kid, at least until more details emerge. Doing something like this is probably not the behaviour of someone who is mentally well.
Really?

What a load of crap.

I'd nail his ball sack to the stump and leave him there for the crows to peck his eyes out.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'd suggest people reign in the hate filled rhetoric towards this kid, at least until more details emerge. Doing something like this is probably not the behaviour of someone who is mentally well.
Indeed. Poor little soul might have been bullied at school, or maybe was traumatised by an episode of Scooby Doo perhaps. On the other hand, little shit probably did it for shits and giggles, to make a tiktok vid or a few quid cash in hand from someone with an agenda. :shrug:

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
Really?

What a load of crap.

I'd nail his ball sack to the stump and leave him there for the crows to peck his eyes out.
Thinking these things about someone who is a child in the eyes of the law is genuinely unhinged. Seriously
Indeed. Poor little soul might have been bullied at school, or maybe was traumatised by an episode of Scooby Doo perhaps. On the other hand, little shit probably did it for shits and giggles, to make a tiktok vid or a few quid cash in hand from someone with an agenda. :shrug:
Most 16 year olds don't cut down trees for "shits and giggles. You're just guessing at his motives and then getting angry at the worst possibilities. All I'm saying is let's wait to know before passing judgement. It'll possibly save you the rage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here