Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Sycamore Gap Tree

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

I must say I find this quite bizarre. It was awful that it was felled in that fashion - but the tree itself was nothing special - it's where it was and the framing of it in the gap and so on.

I have spent years of my life chopping down sycamore trees because they are a non-native, invasive species that support little or no wildlife and shades out our native trees with it's oversized leaves. To think that we're now propagating from it is just, well - odd.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I must say I find this quite bizarre. It was awful that it was felled in that fashion - but the tree itself was nothing special - it's where it was and the framing of it in the gap and so on.

I have spent years of my life chopping down sycamore trees because they are a non-native, invasive species that support little or no wildlife and shades out our native trees with it's oversized leaves. To think that we're now propagating from it is just, well - odd.
People are sentimental. That's not bizarre, however sentiment often has no place for logic.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here