Swype

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Update. I've uninstalled it.

It was causing a noticable lag whenever I was pressing the 'home' button to exit my apps. Almost like the phone was having to do a mini re-boot each and every time to take me back to the home screen. It was taking a few seconds for all the app icons to reappear on the screen, and I just can't have that (and YES - I had tried switching it off and on again). I'm a bit gutted, as I much preferred swyping to tapping and had really got to grips with it. But now its gone, my HTC is back to its usual super-quick self.

Back to the old way.

*sigh*

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That's a shame it's causing lag. It doesn't lag at all in my HTC one x or nexus 7. Try clearing cache etc. Otherwise, HTC sense can swipe anyway! It's just not quite as refined imo.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
OK, I've had a rethink and re-installed it. I've deactivated a few of the Swype options on it (stuff I'm not bothered about), and so far, my phone is still as greasy-quick as an eel smothered in vaseline. Lets see if it stays that way. Good to know I've got the HTC swipe to fall back on if this does start making it stutter again though, ta.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
OK, I've had a rethink and re-installed it. I've deactivated a few of the Swype options on it (stuff I'm not bothered about), and so far, my phone is still as greasy-quick as an eel smothered in vaseline. Lets see if it stays that way. Good to know I've got the HTC swipe to fall back on if this does start making it stutter again though, ta.

:thumbup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How do I clear the cache on my phone ? I've never seen an option for that.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
How do I clear the cache on my phone ? I've never seen an option for that.

You can clear individual app caches by going to 'manage applications'. Alternatively apps which conveniently clear multiple app caches are available. Phone cache clearance can be done either by resetting your phone or by holding the power button and volume button down, then from the menu one can select to clear cache.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
What's the difference between Swype and the default HTC swipe mode?? Does it make much difference?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cos its not as good. It just doesn't seem as intuitive at knowing what word it is I'm writing.

Swype practically knows what I mean before I've even finished the word.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports