Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Swindon

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Swindon are completely off my radar tbh. I'm not even entirely sure what division they are in.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I remember being pelted by a selection of their fans as we walked back to the station after the abandoned game (when we 4-0 down), it didn't endear me to them but I can't say they're one of my top hates.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk...ng-charged-fa-intermediary-regulation-breach/

All is not well at STFC, Lee Power the owner is despised the same as Belloti and Archer were at BHA.

Rumoured to be close to bankruptcy a few days after selling one of the only players worth much for a six figure sum.
Gareth Barry ( Ex BHA ) and Micheal Standing Barry's agent ( also ex BHA ) both are charged (i believe) with trying it make a secret deal for a stake in the club, ( agents are not allowed a stake in any club)
There is rumoured to be an American company interested in buying STFC but the sale is not allowed due to the FA charge.

STFC have now cut off all communications with Swindon town fans groups.

But hey.....3 people in a queue behind you 20 years ago and you still hold a grudge?

I hope they dont fold
as we as a club know we came close to that and lower league clubs are needed whether you despise them or not.

This.

An nice lad I know here in Fav is a lifelong Robin. Never a bad word for The Albion. Good luck to them.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk...ng-charged-fa-intermediary-regulation-breach/

All is not well at STFC, Lee Power the owner is despised the same as Belloti and Archer were at BHA.

Rumoured to be close to bankruptcy a few days after selling one of the only players worth much for a six figure sum.
Gareth Barry ( Ex BHA ) and Micheal Standing Barry's agent ( also ex BHA ) both are charged (i believe) with trying it make a secret deal for a stake in the club, ( agents are not allowed a stake in any club)
There is rumoured to be an American company interested in buying STFC but the sale is not allowed due to the FA charge.

STFC have now cut off all communications with Swindon town fans groups.

But hey.....3 people in a queue behind you 20 years ago and you still hold a grudge?

I hope they dont fold as we as a club know we came close to that and lower league clubs are needed whether you despise them or not.

Quite. I can't get with this 'I once knew a fan who thought we were shit so I don't like them' tosh. Rather silly.

I'm very indifferent to Swindon Town. My fist memory was an abandoned match against them when we were 4-0 down. They still won the replay- although Albion were already up. 44 years ago. Blimey.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I remember being pelted by a selection of their fans as we walked back to the station after the abandoned game (when we 4-0 down), it didn't endear me to them but I can't say they're one of my top hates.

And no lights in the train until out of the area. Plus look at their manager Sheridan how does he do it ?

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Poor old Swindon. I wish them no harm and they've got that death trap awful roundabout just outside the ground as well.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
THat was Chesterfield

Remember that day well.

In my younger days I thought it would be funny to colour photocopy £10 notes and promptly photocopied £20,000 worth of printed copies at work.

Took them in stuffed under my jacket and lobbed them all over the away dug out as their team went towards the bench.

Childish behaviour I know but it seemed funny at the time!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Duncan Shearer I believe

That’s the one. AKA ugly ****.

752826D5-0D38-4A8E-9057-705A8C4B496E.png

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Poor old Swindon. I wish them no harm and they've got that death trap awful roundabout just outside the ground as well.

I had a business connection in Swindon and spent some great nights out there in the Old Town. Lots of interesting people, lots of laughs, and some real money to be made there when times were good. Swindon literally means 'Swindedon' which translates in Old English to 'Pig on the Hill' (Swine : Pig - Don : Hill)

My friend used to deal with lots of the Swindon players, who never seemed to give much of a shit about the club. They also had a Scottish manager who was more interested in getting absolutely shitfaced every night than moving the club forwards, but I can't name him.

Swindon have always struck me as a small club who accidentally got big, then withered again back to a small club. I do really dislike the word 'tinpot' but...

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Shezza's just resigned as their manager in his post-match interview

Hawesy now covers them
Winning the first leg there in the sun with that Carpenter goal was good
As was winning there early doors one season, maybe MA part two
The magic roundabout and the pubs there are ok, especially the cricket club

Andy King and Sam Parkin were dicks but overall they're a completely benign club

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

There have only been 14 serious accidents on the magic roundabout in 30 years. Thats less than any other major junction and most accidents were cyclists/motor cycles..

If you cant get safely across then you really c=should not be driving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3Vd7dr33o8

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Yes. And it is made even better for me as when I lived in Liverpool, I knew a sneering Swindon fan. Always ran Brighton down and that's when we were in so much trouble. He honestly thought Swindon were a big club as they had just become a PL team. Our passing them in the leagues and especially the premature celebrations for the infamous Withdean match were a joy to behold.

Please tell us that you’re still in touch with him.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Please tell us that you’re still in touch with him.
Not really. Only through mutual friends sadly. But quite honestly, after my move to Liverpool coincided with their promotion and one PL season, I was in close contact with him for another 13 years and was able to enjoy him eat his words.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Pigshill can do one . Using CB radios to attack our coach as it came off the M4 in November 84:tosser: Macari ,Jimmy Quinn ,Steve White ,Dave Bamber,Colin Calderwood **** em all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here