Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swindon Town vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Yoda

English & European
I got the impression Gus told them to treat the game as another friendly. There was no urgency and no one taking risks and flying in.

The other reason I think this is that all the players were back out on the pitch doing their cool downs just like every other pre-season game I’ve seen.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I havent and will never forget nothing....Poyet has done well,nothing more nothing less.This season is his acid test and last night as an opener,was shite......We havent even played a league game yet and he is slagging individuals,,,,,,he picks the side no one else.

Which individuals did he slag off?

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I thought a positive that came out of the game was Bridge, Bruno and even Greer hitting 60 yard diagonal balls to the winger on the opposite side from them. A couple stuck and a couple went into touch, with the successful ones putting us into the oppo's danger areas in the blink of an eye!! More of the same please :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I got the impression Gus told them to treat the game as another friendly. There was no urgency and no one taking risks and flying in.

The other reason I think this is that all the players were back out on the pitch doing their cool downs just like every other pre-season game I’ve seen.

Nobody told Bruno , looks like a player who doesn't take prisoners and the gash on his head last night proves it. His attitude reminded me of a young Nobby Horton.

D

Deleted member 22389

Noticed that too at the end. All seemed very cool and no problems at the end lol.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
After a days's grace, the overall impression of the disappointing performance was the failure of Noone to put in a worthwhile final ball (cross or shot), the lack of presence of Barnes up front, a few wasteful long cross pitch balls early on (notably a terrible one by Bridge), conceding lots of corners (the same against Chelsea), the anonymonity of Dicker. And the inteliigent play of Navarro (for Swindon).

In the Championship the effectiveness of West Hams rigid 4-4-2 defensive performance at the Amex could be the model for Albion at Hull ??? (West Ham won at Hull last season.) At home we can play 4-3-3 or variants thereof. Just forgot, playing two holding midfielders means playing Navarro and we have only got Bridcutt. I suppose Calderon could play but he is better going forward.

Where is the team for Hull thread?

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
I had a 'slightly' different view to most of you who went as I was sat in the directors box! Long story but friends of mine (Swindon fans) sponsored the match so I got the whole 'free' hospitality before the game (booze, meal, chat with Di Canio - I kid you not!!) and the best bit was walking out to the centre circle to have my photo taken with the rest of the sponsors and captain, ref, etc just before kit off. Stood next but one to Greer and wished him good luck, he was thrown a bit when I told him I was a Brighton fan!!

Game was poor, especially 2nd half. Nothing new to add to all the other posters who went to the game, except to say Di Canio is even more infectious than Gus and his antics (sat right behind him) during the game are hilarious.

PS For all the Barnes lovers on here (and I am not one of them) he was PANTS.......but so were half the team on Tuesday

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Some excellent bouncing going on here. Lots of very, very wrong people being shown up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This match seems so long ago.

What a great season so far.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Can't do any worse than Ryan "Invisible Man" Harley.

Noone and Harley not done themselves any favours tonight

Very poor goa; to conceed, Noone has no final ball tonight and has let them off several times.

Nooney is not having one of his better games. :(

Since Noone got his new contract, he has been poor.

Should have taken the Cardiff money. Big mistake.

Noone is having a 'mare

Nooney is doing his best to give KLL a start on Saturday.

If Buckley or Lua Lua were playing instead of Noone we would be pissing this

Noone is playing a shocker I'm thinking noone off Vicente move over to the left and one of the new boys on

Why does Noone keep just lumping balls into an empty box.....take the defender on..try and get round the back. Hes producing garbage

I think Barnes is playing quite well actually but noone is playing terribly as I said before

Sounds like Nooney had a good game.

We're not very good people.

Zero end product and leaky defence.

Remind anybody of last season?

We're going down.

Gus is clueless when it comes to strikers. And some think he is our best manager of all time. He is awful

**** OFF GUS 3-0

You are the biggest nob

Our away form will cost us this year. Gus can't play any other way. Last year we had the worst away form other than Coventry and they were relegated. Bringing Calderon into Midfield when we are losing goes to show he is not too interested in this cup

if we play like this we are in for a long season and we will struggle

were loose.

Crofts is the midfielder. Would have made a big difference, I think. Missing Buckley, Kaz, CMS etc. Hope we are a bit more potent on Saturday. Oh and El-Abd should start.

Voice of reason.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Your the prick. Been given more money than any other manager, worst away record in the league last year bar Coventry, utterly clueless when it comes to attackers, only knows how to play one type of football. Bring back Lloyd, Coppell, Slade, Mc Ghee - at least they know how to play attacking football & relegation form for most of 2012. SMELL THE COFFEE.

Lovely effort

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This feels like YEARS and YEARS ago.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wow, DBL knows his apples

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here