Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swindon Town vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Good solid first half well done lads great width from both full backs bridcutt nice and busy Vicente getting into his stride last 10 mins , looking good for the second half don't think Swindon have too much to offer be patient a couple of goals will come

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Comfortable at the back. Going forward needs some work but I think everyone is well aware of that small point. Couple of half chances. Not overly worried at the moment. In control of the game.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
You can see why we have so few live league games,the commentators have to work twice as hard as nothing happens:(

I've always said football should be about entertainment not win at all costs. Yes winning is very very important but at what cost....Not £40 a ticket that's for sure. Glad I got a season ticket, at least that represents a certain value for money...I like to walk away and have plenty to talk about, not start f***ing yawning.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Bruno looks quality and Bridders is class. Would rather the Dagger was sitting deeper to get on the ball a bit more though. Looks lost up front.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
a striker on for nooney and we should be motoring

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Thought we dominated without any breakthrough. Its a tough away cup tie, what do you guys expect.

Gus is using it as a full blown competitive dress rehearsal, not something you normally get the chance to do. Swindon playing deep across the back, making it difficult.

Don't worry, the result will come.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Player now working but giving the swindon commentary... what a bloody shambles

think I might complain to the club it really is a shambles as you say

both full back playing very well and bridge looks very good

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Live text on Auntie features several 3+ min. gaps between posts. They could have covered that half via semaphore.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Back 5 plus bridcutt quality, hate watching players play out of postion drop Vicente deeper and put Toby upfront. But we need at least 1 striker asap

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I would say good half for Swindon rather than poor half from us tbh.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Dunno why people are surprised to be honest, always expected this type of game. Swindon are an organised side who like to pass as well, it was never going to be a goalfest. Good thing from that half was that we looked solid at the back, Bridge and Bruno make a huge difference at fullbacks and we're in control of the passing. Swindon are defending in numbers, so its hard for the forwards to find an easy way through. Only thing is when we do find that way through we have to make it count and that was Barnes chance right on half time. If we're going to play this type of footy, then those chances have to be put away. Noone's final ball into the box hasn't improved much though :D Reckon Bruno will score a few screamers this season as well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bruno looks quality and Bridders is class. Would rather the Dagger was sitting deeper to get on the ball a bit more though. Looks lost up front.
Name a striker that wouldn't after that performance.

I wasn't expecting 'more of the same' but I guess the injuries have made it so.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I've always said football should be about entertainment not win at all costs. Yes winning is very very important but at what cost....Not £40 a ticket that's for sure. Glad I got a season ticket, at least that represents a certain value for money...I like to walk away and have plenty to talk about, not start f***ing yawning.
You will have plenty to talk about. We've had a shot on target. One more, and we'll have our quota for the game. That's got to be good surely!!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
HT 0-0

Not good telly, but not one of those ugly scrappy games. Some of the Albion long balls, notably one from Bridge were not the right ball and could present Swindon with a chance of interception and a breakaway. :nono: I forecasted Craig Noone to score, but he is not really playing forward enough. Not seen much of Dicker and Harley.

Last edited:

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Considering we are missing CMS, Hoskins, Lua Lua and Buckley as an offensive threat and we all know that a striker is coming too - I am not too concerned with our lack of bite in this game...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here