Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swindon still in trouble

Fixtures

Aug 12, 2007
Didn't see this anywhere on NSC

Swindon are bailed out by shareholder

Swindon Town FC has been bailed out by its main shareholder again as negotiations continue on a takeover.
Unpaid players wages contributed to the demand for money to the majority shareholder, the Wills family.

It has also been revealed that the club owes Cheltenham Town FC £25,000 in ticket sales.

In August the club said Best Holdings SGPS S.A had taken formal control, but a spokesman on Friday said that negotiations were continuing.

The spokesman said: "We are confident [the deal] will go through."

He would not say how much the club had asked the Wills family for, only that it was for short-term cover.

When Swindon Town FC came out of administration in 2002, it agreed to pay £1m within five years to creditors but still owes about £900,000.

A statement on the club's website said: "As the protracted negotiations with Best Holdings with regards to the takeover of the club continue, the STFC Board of Directors has, in the meantime, sought from the club's major shareholder additional funds to fulfil the immediate obligations and financial liabilities of the company."

The club has previously said a new consortium of investors would include the Wills family, their advisor and club general manager Mike Diamandis, and a new investor, thought to be Portuguese.

The Wills family has two directors on the club's board, Sir Seton and his son James.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The local news just reported on their (5-0) win and commented on the players still producing the goods despite what was happening off the field. I was just about to read up on what was going on.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
if they dont meet their committment post-administration my guess is a serious points deduction is unavoidable

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i will be giving them 10 of my english pounds on tuesday night

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here