Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swindon seats - reduced capacity for Brighton?

Josky

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
I don't know if anyone else has posted this - apologies if so - but Swindon's chief exec reckons the capacity for Brighton fans will be reduced:

“Our biggest headache will be the fact that we only get 630 odd tickets for the match at Brighton.

“But I’ve already had an agreement from the Football League that we will only be offering Brighton the Stratton Bank. That means we will have the Arkell’s Stand in its entirety for Swindon fans.”

I thought they were getting 1000 seats which is sufficient under League rules - surely they can't restrict our numbers at a ground their size?

Full story here: www.thisisstfc.co.uk/news_headlines_Story.asp?NewsID=3139

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Do we really have much right to complain though. 15% of 15,000 is enough to make some real noise and support. 15% of sod all is, well, sod all really isn't it.

If we get 1,500 I don't think we can really complain - especially as the game is on Sky.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
They are getting more then 630. You would think someone in a position of responsibility would get their facts a bit more accurate then: '630 odd'.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I though they are getting 1000, that is why the Northstand is being partitioned

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
dave the gaffer said:
I though they are getting 1000, that is why the Northstand is being partitioned

Correct according to web site.

Anyway I can see their arguement - if only we had a proper football ground :angry:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Accoridng to the internet football gournd guide the Stratton Bank apparently holds 2100 fans so I don't think we can moan if thats where we end up.

Albion Rob

I think it is fair enough if we get the Stratton Bank. As has been said, it holds a couple of thousand and eliminates the hassle of them sectioning off that stand on the side. I reckon it is more than 10 per cent of their capacity too, so overall I think we've done alright out of it.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
According to the footballgroundguide.co.uk the capacity of Swindon is 14,500 (see extract below). The Stratton bank where we will be housed holds 2,100 fans. 15% of 14,500 is 2,175. In other words we are 75 short of 15%. Given that we are only giving them 1,000 tickets to sit in conditions resembling an allotment tool shed, I'd suggest we have got off lightly.

From www.footballgroundguide.co.uk

Teams with a larger away following can also be allocated the Stratton Bank End if required. A further 2,100 fans can be accommodated in this area, but the end has no cover and is open to the elements. Fine on a nice sunny day, but on a cold wet, winters day, it can be grim. I found Swindon to be a relaxed and fairly friendly day out, although the size of police presence on my last visit seemed excessive.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Brighton till i die said:
the fact that withdean is small is there problem - we will do our bit and give them 15%, so in return we should expect the same back - what a bunch of pricks!!!:yawn:

Bollox - why is it their problem ?

It's ours and we lose money hand over fist due to this fact

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Brighton till i die said:
the weather conditions when we went up on 28th dec were fookin awful!!!

"JUMP around....if ya f***ing cold......."

:lolol:
colest ive ever been that day shit yjourney home aswell

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here