Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swindon player ratings

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think he raised his game last night, as he felt he had a point to prove.
No. He has been consistently their best player.
We let him go primarily because of concerns over attitude. He was very hotheaded on and off the pitch from what I have heard but being released seems to have been positive for him and he is building a career based on his undoubted skill and new-found application..
I can see him playing in the Prem in years to come and after his early struggles with Spurs and us he will have earned all the success he gets.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Crodo's Conclusion:

Ankergren 7 - Solid enough, prone to the odd error or two but ultimately a safe pair of gloves
Calderon 8 - Does what he says on the tin, another assured performance
Dunk 10 - An absolute collosus at the back, a rock at the heart of our fortress
Hughes 8 - Lacks a yard of pace but just oozes Premier League class
Chicksen 7 - Raw but a player with immense potential, albeit showing it only in rare glimpses on last nights showing
Caskey 8 - Not involved as much as I'd like but the S-win-don defence always were worried when he had the ball at his feet
Crofts 8 - Classy, rarely loses the ball and keeps everything ticking over
Lualua 6 - Not at his best but still a real dynamo when running with the ball
O'Grady 7 - Lynchpin in this side, held the ball up well although worrytyingly never really looked like scoring
Colunga 8 - Going to be a huge signing, intelligent on the ball and technically excellent, will only get better
Ince 8 - Incredible goal was worth the entrance fee alone
Subs:
Gardener 6 - Didn't get as involved as I'd like but still showed flashes of why he's so highly thought of at Villa
McCourt 7 - Dribbling skills of a newborn baby, lacks pace but makes up for it with dazzling feet
Teixera 8 - What a player we've got here, marvellous technical ability

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ankergren 5 he was rusty to start but did get better. Should have called for the ball more often as Dunk obviously didn't trust him
Calderon 7 great perfomance by the skipper. Never gave up
Dunk 9 MOM shame his header hit the bar
Hughes 6 average performance
Chicksen 5 struggled with no cover
Caskey 7 two well taken penalties
Crofts 7 broke up play
Lualua 6 put in a lot of effort
O'Grady 5 good pass to Colunga to set up Ince for the goal, but felt he could have held the ball up more
Colunga 8 really good performance from a player who had hardly even met the squad let alone play with them. He's going to cause a lot of problems for other teams this season hopefully

Subs:
Gardener 6 very neat and tidy passes
McCourt 7 you can see there's some quality in him
Teixera 8 made a difference in the short time he was on

Ince?

dan4bha

Mar 27, 2014
Ince was the worst player on the pitch yesterday, other than his wonder goal. He struggled to play that holding role after his goal as it meant he couldn't make any risky tackles, due to picking up a booking for his celebration. Swindon really did play well, but found it so easy to cut through our central midfield.

Personally, I think we need to stop using Ince as the holding player and play him further forward as his strength and change of pace can cause opposition midfield players problems as he showed a couple of times yesterday when he broke forward. Just think that defensively he isn't quite good enough anymore, which isn't such an issue with Holla available.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Any more ratings?
While your here WikiAcker.

What's Calde's success rate as a captain?

I've convinced myself it's pretty poor, probably because he's only captain when we are playing a 'weaker' side.

If it's 100% then the man truly does walk on water.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
While your here WikiAcker.

What's Calde's success rate as a captain?

I've convinced myself it's pretty poor, probably because he's only captain when we are playing a 'weaker' side.

If it's 100% then the man truly does walk on water.

It's definitely 100% this season. I don't know what it is over past seasons. It's not something I've kept track of.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Ratings

Highest Rated:
Dunk 9.06 (130mins, 9 votes)

The Rest:
Colunga 7.56 (130mins, 9 votes)
*Teixeira 7.33 (33mins, 9 votes)
*McCourt 7.22 (58mins, 9 votes)
Calderon 6.89 (130mins, 9 votes)