Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swindon game 26 March

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
To minimise my chances of making the game, after my idiot brother decided to get married that morning? :angry:

(I think the actual reason is an England game)

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
How many games this season that should have been a three o'clock kick off have been moved?
I make it about 9 or 10 :tantrum:

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
So as not to clash with Wales vs England Euro qualifier.

A lot of matches that weekend have been moved to Friday, early Saturday or Sunday.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I think its to do with the wales v england match

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Isnt it something to do with Dick Knights nephew?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
WHY do people organise weddings etc on the same day as football games?

I believe there is a poster on here whose entire family of Albion fanatics have been slapped in the face with the news that a female family member has decided to get married on...6th August this year :ohmy:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I believe there is a poster on here whose entire family of Albion fanatics have been slapped in the face with the news that a female family member has decided to get married on...6th August this year :ohmy:

A friend of mine got married on cup final day in '83. Some people are just selfish, aren't they.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
How many games this season that should have been a three o'clock kick off have been moved?
I make it about 9 or 10 :tantrum:

Apart from the obvious mid-week games and the ones around xmas, is it that many?

It wont be any less next season IF we get promoted, more chance of TV appearances and early/late kick-offs.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Apart from the obvious mid-week games and the ones around xmas, is it that many?

It wont be any less next season IF we get promoted, more chance of TV appearances and early/late kick-offs.

Plymouth (A) international call-ups
Bournemouth (H) sky ty wankers
Orient (H) f*** knows
Colchester (H) weather
Yeovil (A) FA Cup
Plymouth (H) sky ty wankers
Colchester (A) sky ty wankers
Notts County (H) xmas shoppers
Dagenham (A) cold weather
Dagenham (H) FA Cup
Swindon (H) f*** knows

11 in total

Last edited:

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009

A friend of mine is a Burnley fan and he got married on the same same day as the famous Burnley v Orient match which kept Burnley in the league. Virtually the whole congregation went straight from the church to the match and then after the match the reception started. They are still married, Burnley are still in the league and he still goes to football, it just needs good timing.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I confess to missing a family wedding once for a fairly insignificant Albion home game.

Made it to the reception, mind, and told them I'd been working :blush:

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I missed my cousins wedding as I was in Germany watching Portugal knock England out of the World Cup...Everyone knew where I was!

It may be of worth to note that if we go up then we will get international weekends off. Which is good as I have to miss the Swindon game to watch us smash the Welsh.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

alan917

Aug 5, 2005
And more to the point is the Swindon game wont finish till just before 3pm so we miss most of the 1st half any way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here