Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Swindon 4, Aldershot 7

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Crazy stuff. Non-league side go 7-0 up away against League 2 opposition, who then score four late goals.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I know it's crazy, but as a big fan of Shots think it's beautiful too.

6 non league teams in the next round

Ramsgate v Manchester City ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Wow Man City entering the FA Cup at the 2nd Round - I like it !
Yes, it's part of the pre-sanctions for FFP.

It has been an utterly strange week. I've had a nasty illness that I am well recovering from now. But the victim seems to have been a strange fog of logic at times. Being an FA Cup devotee, how I couldn't have established this was the first round can only be down to this. I was absolutely looking forward to seeing who we got tomorrow. I was hoping for Aldershot at home.

I woke up on Friday utterly convinced it was Thursday. It's been a strange world. But part of me wants to stay here lest there be more surprises.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Yes, it's part of the pre-sanctions for FFP.

It has been an utterly strange week. I've had a nasty illness that I am well recovering from now. But the victim seems to have been a strange fog of logic at times. Being an FA Cup devotee, how I couldn't have established this was the first round can only be down to this. I was absolutely looking forward to seeing who we got tomorrow. I was hoping for Aldershot at home.

I woke up on Friday utterly convinced it was Thursday. It's been a strange world. But part of me wants to stay here lest there be more surprises.
I hope you fully recover quickly and I am sorry to shatter your world. Its nice to live in a dream world at times - Sometimes I still believe we will win a major trophy

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Good friends of mine at The County Ground yesterday said it was as bad as it could get. And said no one was that surprised.

Still, as I told his young son, at least his big club got a point at Goodison.

(they still haven't got over Adam Virgo :ROFLMAO: )

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Good friends of mine at The County Ground yesterday said it was as bad as it could get. And said no one was that surprised.

Still, as I told his young son, at least his big club got a point at Goodison.

(they still haven't got over Adam Virgo :ROFLMAO: )
My. Grandson said. people next to him left after 9 min 0-3.

meanwhile SWINDON FANS on twitter demanding a refund. But. What great entertainment 11 goals

el punal

Aldershot Town. I remember when we played them in an FA Cup replay back in 1967 at the Goldstone. The significance of that game was that the winners were home to Chelsea in the fourth round. We won 3-1 with a crowd of close to 30,000 that evening. One stand out moment was hearing my first ‘rude’ football song, aimed at Tony Godfrey, the Aldershot keeper. Altogether now :

🎼 “Who’s that goalie with the big, fat bum? Godfrey! Godfrey! Who’s that goalie with the big, fat bum? Godfrey is his name!” 🎼 :blush:

How embarrassed was I. :ohmy::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here