Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swimming is shit

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Am I the only one who thinks watching swimming is utterly boring.

Swimming up and down in a chemically filled bath with a johnny on your head cant be right!

Rubbish.

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
it's an absolute disgrace that they have turned the MEN into a make-shift swimming pool when there's an aquatics centre right next to town that is in desperate need of repair. if it was fit enough for the commenwealth games then it's good enough for whatever it is that's going on now. this is the reason i haven't been watching it. shame on manchester city council or whoever it is in charge.
:nono:

Jul 14, 2003
BN2
Am I the only one who thinks watching swimming is utterly boring.

Swimming up and down in a chemically filled bath with a johnny on your head cant be right!

Rubbish.

Trouble is, it's the only sport that I was ever any good at.
...and I've tried a few.

Back to the bottle, you old soak, LPC.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
as a lifeguard i have to say at times it can be the most boring thing in the world*

*Unless there is some nice milf in the pool

I wqas about to say that if everyone is moaning about watching it on the tele they should try doing it for a job!

And the people arent as fit as the ones on the tele!!

Monkster

Ragamuffin
Jul 7, 2003
The Token Carlisle United Fan
it's an absolute disgrace that they have turned the MEN into a make-shift swimming pool when there's an aquatics centre right next to town that is in desperate need of repair. if it was fit enough for the commenwealth games then it's good enough for whatever it is that's going on now. this is the reason i haven't been watching it. shame on manchester city council or whoever it is in charge.

Difference being this is the Short course 25M World Champs as apposed to usual long course 50M.....although saying that, they could have just built a temporary pontoon

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester

i work opposite the pool, looks alright to me and is full of swimmers day and night! plus there's only about 300 hundred seats if that - not enough for the world championships i would've thought.

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
i work opposite the pool, looks alright to me and is full of swimmers day and night! plus there's only about 300 hundred seats if that - not enough for the world championships i would've thought.
take it you haven't been in the changing rooms lately. doors falling off hinges and rubbish all over the place. it needs a real good tidy up for sure and a lot of the money invested in the MEN could certainly have been better used.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I swim several times a week and find it an excellent form of exercise, would draw the line at going to watch it though, one of those sports better done than watched.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
take it you haven't been in the changing rooms lately. doors falling off hinges and rubbish all over the place. it needs a real good tidy up for sure and a lot of the money invested in the MEN could certainly have been better used.

if we're gonna talk misallocation of manchester city council money then fair do's ... wouldn't have minded seeing my council tax going into sports facilities rather than 50 foot santa clause-esque structures.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the K2 at Crawley is a 50 mtr pool and Sunday morning if you pace yourself, you can probably do a KM before you DIE!!!

Lush

Mods' Pet
I used to do the whole swimming training every day before school thing, although never was much good (Shiverers B, Crawley B team). When you're a kid you're used to being bored, so ploughing up and down a pool isn't much different to Double Maths.

These days I get bored after six lengths. AND it makes your hair frizzy. Quite like watching it though. It's kind of hypnotic and the colours are nice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here